“Wow, an experience not to miss!!”

Sasquatch Alaska Adventure Co
Ranked #9 of 71 Outdoor Activities in Homer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sasquatch Alaska Adventure Co. will guide you through a Life changing experience on our Alaska Bear viewing tours, guided Camping tours and Glacier tours.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We drove to Homer for the day, just to do this outing. I always missed seeing bears when I visited National Parks, so I thought this was a good opportunity to check it off my bucket list. Wow, what a great decision it was. The weather was perfect, with just a few broken clouds, and 60 degree temps. The flight to Katmai was a blast, with fantastic views of glaciers and active volcanoes. We set down on a beach, and after a modest walk, found our first bear of the day. It was not our last, as we encountered over a dozen different bears; sleeping with cub, snoozing alone, taking walks, and of course, eating salmon and flounder from the plentiful streams. They went out of their way to keep us away from other tourists, and make the trip a solitude experience for us. At times, we were within 5 feet of a bear, with no nervousness at all. Tim and Zack were in full control at all times, and we always felt safe. After shooting about 500 photo's, we headed back to Homer on a delightful flight back. Absoulutely fantastic trip, and would recommend Sasquatch Alaska Adventure Co to anyone wanting to have a GREAT bear experience.

2  Thank HollywoodBeachRob
"awe inspiring"
in 3 reviews
"clams"

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was an awesome trip something that we had only seen on documentries,we had to keep pinching ourselves.Zack & Tim were excellant guides & we always felt safe.Tim was our pilot & he was very knowledgable of the area as he flew us over to Katmai NP.We flew over snow capped mountains & an active volcano & then landed on the beach.When we got out of the plane it wasn't long before we were in a meadow observing grizzly bears in their natural habitat,we felt so very privileged.This was the highlight of our Alaskan holiday.Don't have doubts,take the plunge & let Sasquatch take you on that trip of a lifetime.Many thanks also to Peter who greeted us & also returned the tripod to our hotel.
Pauline & Andrew Knibbs
July 2013

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We drove down to Homer for a bear viewing experience with Zach and Tim. We were not let down!! We went about an hour on 2 6 seater planes (10 people +pilots=guides.) It was an awesome experience to actually share an island with bears (and nothing and nobody else.) Nothing manufactured, not commercialized, just us and the bears. Zach and Tim were a great mixture of guiding and answering questions but also just staying quiet so we could take the experience in. Not scary though, the bears just ignored us as they went about their business catching salmon. I'd definitely recommend Sasquatch, they are small enough to give one on one attention but also experienced enough to trust.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am originally from Alaska and when taking my family up for their first visit I wanted to do something I had never done before and to make it memorable for everyone. I defiantly picked the right tour and company. The whole process from booking to the end of the tour was easy and professional. The weather was not the greatest the day of the trip they informed us of the potential of a weather delay and that safety was important which put us at ease. When the conditions where right we set off, the pilot was friendly and informative and happily answered any questions. When we got to our destination we could immediately see bears from the air. After landing and a safety briefing we set of and after a short walk we stared seeing bear fishing one of the rivers an amazing sight to see. There was never at any point you feel in danger the guides talk you through everything. I want to thank the entire staff for providing a safe hopefully not once in a life time experience for me and my family, as I would not hesitate to do this again nor hesitate to book with Sasquatch.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed four days at Katmai with Brian "the ring of fire" Burns. It was an amazing experience, just us two, Brian and a lot of wild animals around us. We learned important facts about interacting with bears and their way of living. Brian showed us all things we had to know about living in the wilderness, how to read tracks and the behaviour of bears. He gave us a lot of information to understand nature better. Of course it was a great feeling to have breakfast in nature, around us a beautiful scenery of nature. The perfect place to calm down and enjoy!
Zack is a very good pilot. He can land on a very small piece of beach when its high tide. You can trust him ;-)
That is an experience everbody should make!!!

3  Thank DudeOfWrath