“"Great room, great view"”
Review of Ocean Shores

Ocean Shores
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed for three nights. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful, we had a change of plans and left a day early. Though I had booked well in advance we were not charged for the night we did not stay. I appreciated this from the staff and management.
Great place to stay with an awesome view. Gary and Kim, North Carolina

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great view. Problem..no dressers in room. We were ther for a week and had to live out of suitcase. Veranda had an "unseatable"bench. Absolutely uncomfortable. No coffee maker. Only folgers coffee packets. For $200 a nite a coffee maker would have been nice.

Room Tip: Note. Ocean shores only hotel near spit with ocean view and beach access.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager596, General Manager at Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
We are so pleased you chose The Ocean Shores as your place of lodging on your trip to Homer. We are sorry we could not accommodate you with dressers in the rooms but we do have plenty of closet space and suitcase racks for your convenience. And we apologize that you did not find our wooden benches to meet your needs. We do in fact have coffee makers available for guests use in the motel office if you would like to go purchase your own ground coffee - our freshly brewed singles already in the rooms simply require hot water. Thank you again for staying with us and hope to have you visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed for a week in a kitchenette unit. It was bright and spacious with views of the mountains and the bay. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. An awesome location, we walked to lots of places. (Homer is spread out, so the spit is a drive)

Room Tip: We wanted a kitchenette to able to cook some of our meals but there is a row of rooms right down nea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My son and I stayed at Ocean Shores for two nights during the last week of June. Rooms were pretty basic but the views from the balconies were fantastic. The hotel is conveniently located but I would still recommend that the traveler have a car as Homer (including the Spit) is quite spread out. When I made the reservations I opted for a hillside room because I am from the totally flat Texas Gulf Coast so I assumed that the hillside room would have a better view. I did not realize that by my standards all three rows of rooms were sufficiently elevated above the water to afford fantastic views. The second floor of the top "hillside" rooms required a climb up steps and having some mobility problems (knees) this could have been a little problem for me had I not had my son along to carry my bags up for me. Having said that, though, everyone we met at the office was so friendly and helpful that I am sure that I could have gotten help if I needed it. Convenient to have a microwave and refrigerator. I would like to have had a ceramic cup for my morning coffee instead of paper but I could have easily gone out and bought one.
Pretty basic place but overall I am giving the five stars for friendly staff, cleanliness and the fantastic balcony views of the ocean and mountains,

Room Tip: Select a room in the two units closest to the water. I believe that you could park right at your doo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager596, Front Office Manager at Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
We are so happy you chose to stay with us during your visit to Homer. We do try our best to explain exactly what our options our for lodging and that the four different motel buildings we have in fact have different levels of views. We are very happy you found our staff friendly and helpful. We hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you are fortunate enough to get one of the rooms right on the bay ... you will be treated to birds, sea otters, whales, mountains, changing tides and a path right outside taking you down to the water.
The rooms are clean, bright....big windows....wide expanse and friendly staff.
There were a number of choices of motels in Homer....I'm glad I chose this one...it made my trip...

Room Tip: Choose a room closest to the water .... there are two buildings higher up....but you want the lower...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The view is stunning. They rooms are spacious. They giving a folding mattress for fifth person. We really enjoyed our stay. Great beach hotel. Parking right outside the room. I loved the Beach theme of the rooms. Definitely worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have stayed here before and were just as happy the second time. We chose the units closer to the beach for the view (slightly more expensive). There is a walkway that takes you onto the beach, otherwise you can just look out the window at the beautiful view or sit on the deck. We had a moose that turned up every evening to graze. There was a fridge and microwave in the room but what was lacking was some dishes and cutlery. Luckily I always carry a couple of cheap plates and plastic cutlery to enable us to take advantage of the microwave. They did supply paper cups, tea and coffee. This was the only thing that stopped it being perfect.
It was a short walk to supermarket, restaurants and bakeries.

Room Tip: To take advantage of the fantastic view go for the beach units. I think about an extra $10 night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest
We are so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us again! And that you enjoyed and took advantage of our private beach and beach path. We do have Kitchenette rooms available for guests that would like use of full kitchen appliances and cutlery, located a bit further up the slope with a partial view. We hope to choose to stay with us again soon!