“stay away”

Don Jose's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #31 of 74 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kennewick, Washington, United States
“stay away”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Poorest service and most terrible food I have ever had eating out. We waited 20 minutes to be acknowledged after being seated.....another 15 for chips and sales and to be able to order and then when our food came 20 minutes later not one of us liked our meal

Visited July 2013

“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Their food quality seems to be deteriorating over the years. But about 1 in 5 times I order something that I think is really, truly, delicious. I go to this place a few times a year as a good meet up with my girl friends for a cocktail or 2 and some food. The drinks are good, they really do know their way around a margarita. And their chips & Salsa are almost always impeccable just with the menu I've found the quality to be a little hit and miss.

• Visited December 2012
“Cute place to eat”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were in Homer and were happy to find Don Jose's open on a Sunday night when other places were closed. The staff was friendly and the restaurant colorful and welcoming. I had a great margarita and delicious salad.

Visited July 2013
Northern Virginia
“Your basic Mexican fare”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

You want familiar Mexican food that you can get anywhere in the lower 48? Come on down to Don Jose's. The food was good, solid Mexican comfort food and in this large restaurant Jose himself served us our meal.

Visited June 2013
Flint, Texas
“Food Good, Service Not So Good”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food we were served was good but the service was very slow and our server seemed to be a little less than helpful or attentive when she found out we were using a coupon from the Northern Lights Entertainment Book. I don't see the issue as we tip on the total the bill would have been but she made me not want to tip her at all. Hats off to the chef though!

• Visited June 2013