“Friendlyand informative”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Friendlyand informative”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Staff was friendly and informative, but we didn't like the taste of Mead, so fo us it was just "OK"

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Barb D

ANCHORAGE
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Who knew I could like mead? A relaxed tasting experience at the store encouraged us to bring home two bottles. I also appreciated that Cafe Cups served Ring of Fire's mead with our dinner or else I might not have gone to their store front on my own.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank AKGoil907
Connecticut
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Taste some Mead.”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The Meadery is one of the three stops on the Homer Fermentation Tour. I had heard and read about Mead, but had no clue what it was. Simply, it is honey based wine. The Meadery is very small, more a storefront, but you can sample from a number of Meads. Just because they are honey based does not mean they are all sweet. I believe the owner said he is one of only 200 Meaderys in the world. We tasted, we chat, and ended up buying one bottle to take home. There was no charge for the tasting. An interesting place to stop right in downtown Homer.

Visited July 2011