“I don't get it”
Review of Salty Dawg Saloon

Salty Dawg Saloon
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in Homer
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I thought I was going to be sitting next to briny old fishermen, but this is just another tourist trap. Ordered a Bloody Mary based on everyone ooo-ing and ahhing about them on TA. There was nothing at all special about it. The place is cute with goofy signs and dollar bills hanging everywhere. I guess just not what I expected. Not my sort of place.

There are newer reviews for Salty Dawg Saloon

Reviewed September 18, 2013

On our visit out on Homer Spit, stopped at Salty Dawg Saloon to add observe the dollar bills covering the walls. Small place, good atmosphere. Did order an Alaskan Drink called a "Duck Fart" here. Thought might be a good place to sample one. A little pricey but worth the try.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you are visiting Homer, AK a must stop is the Salty Dawg Saloon. Located on the Homer Spit, it's a perfect place to visit for a beer, play some pool or just hang out for a bit. I recently visited Homer for the second time and this was on my list of places to go back. They have dollar bills pinned all over the place. I found the one I pinned back in 2010. Limited seating and nothing on top. All beer is in bottles but a good selection of domestic and local Alaskan beers. They had Alaskan Amber, Alaskan White and Alaskan IPA available during my recent visit. They have souvenir merchandise available as well, such as shirts, hats, glassware, and hoodies.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was one of must sees while in Alaska. It was touristy, crowded, but an original. The exterior and interior are great for photo ops. The staff was pleasant even given how busy they were. There were a few people that had definitely had a few, but it is a saloon. We had a beer, picked up a souvenir pint glass and went on our way. We'll return for another beer when we go back to Homer.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

A visit to the Homer Spit local saloon, Salty Dawg, was recommended by a friend. Enjoyed the interior... obviously many patrons have had a wild time there! Thousands of autographed dollar bills (and a few articles of clothing... mostly undergarments) adorn the walls and ceiling with antiques dispersed throughout. Local brews the best (Alaskan Summer... awesome)! A must see if in the area.