“Kayaking in Kachemak Bay”

St. Augustine's Sea Kayak and Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our kayaking base camp is located on the south side of Kachemak Bay in outer Peterson Bay. We have day trips and overnight packages available at this location. The site is off the road system and accessible by our water taxi. We located our business site at our house address in Homer as we could not put our real business location on Trip Advisor map without a street address.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We enjoyed our half day Kyak excursion with St. Augustine's Sea Kyak tour. We had a great guide, Kim, She ensured that we had a safe and fun; and we sure leaned a lot.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"black beans"
"great guide"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"small group"
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our family of four (all adults) did a half-day kayaking trip with St. Augustine Adventures last week in Homer and for all four of us it was our favorite part of our 8 days in Alaska. The owner Scott really seems to enjoy his work -- he was friendly and helpful on the boat ride across the bay to the launch site - pointing out birds, sea otters, etc. Our kayak guide (Kim??) was absolutely wonderful - knowledgeable, very competent, helpful and seems to love what she does. We had a spectacular day on the water - saw lots of birds and even a bear. She gave great instructions and was very safety conscious plus helped us get good pictures and explore things we were interested in. We had varying levels of experience with kayaking but I would recommend this trip to anyone who is able to get into and out of a kayak bc it is an unsurpassable way to experience the beauty of the Katchemak Bay around Homer. Highly recommend this experience.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was nervous since I had never kayaked before. my wife and son had but I didn't want to tip. especially with my camera. From the get go, scott and josh put me at ease. embodying what I loved about Alaska, they both truly seem to love being in nature and respect and embrace it. When we got across the bay to our dock for launch, a harbor seal named bubba was holding court as he molted on the docks next to our kayaks. Bubba was clearly at home with scott and the crew and merely grunted a few times if he felt like he was being ignored or splashed:)

We saw loads of wild life, my favorite being the bald eagles and the super close up otter. We pulled up to the cliffs where a few folks had mussels off the cliff wall.

Magical is what I would use to describe the service and the experience. No trip to homer should ever pass without a journey with these folks (josh was awesome)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We took a guided full day kayaking trip with St. Augustine's out of Homer in July 2012. We explored many different coves and paddled around Gull Island, which is incredible. We saw lots of sea life and an amazing amount of birds. They are laid back but professional and knowledgably about the whole area. Our guide, Paul, was very friendly and informative. I would highly recommend them.