“Thankful”

Ranked #1 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Homer
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
“Thankful”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

So thankful to have this wonderful spot to stay in one of my favorite Alaska towns! We spent our Thanksgiving weekend here, our second visit and our second cabin. Can't wait to try them all! So nice to have the kitchen for breakfast and do it yourself meals. Jen is quick to respond to any questions or problems that might crop up - like when we needed a new propane tank so we could grill our filet mignon for a delicious dinner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My Husband and I had an amazing time here. It was quite and relaxing! the view was beautiful. The hotub was the perfect way to stay warm and relax in a small snowstorm. The Wolf's Den was perfect for a weekend get away for 2. the kitchenette was great for stocking up on some breakfast food and snacks. the room was good sized also plenty of room to move around in the living space and the bathroom. he room was also very well maintained. well stocked with towels and toiletries very clean. we will definitely be returning in the future.

2 Thank Kristin T
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Definitely a great place to stay with nice amenities, location and options. Actually, a little something for everyone. We've stayed here twice, off season both times and would go back again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: So many to choose from, we have stayed in a different type of room or cabin each time!
Anchorage
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my third time staying at the Kenai Peninsula Suites. I have stayed in the semi-subterranean unit as well as the Puffin which is the rounded yurt "cabin". I love both and they are both beautiful. My favorite is the Puffin because it has two stories, a nice kitchen, gorgeous view and plenty of rustic flavor. I also like it because I can bring my dog since we live in Anchorage. It's a nice place for a getaway and I would highly recommend any of the units at KPS.

Room Tip: I love the Puffin but they are all great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I always look forward to my stay here and I truly hate leaving this wonderful property. The views are Fantastic and the owners are really great. Even better is that they grill on the back is always ready for me so I can enjoy the view even more without having to leave except a quick run to the store..... One night here is never enough!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MichaelQ725
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were visiting our son in Homer and wanted a nice place to stay, a friends brother recommended this place and we couldn't have been happier. It was not only clean, comfortable, and new looking, but had a fabulous view. Jen was very nice. We were close to town, but had our privacy that a hotel wouldn't have. We had a small kitchen with microwave and grill which was perfect for cooking our halibut. We couldn't have been happier and will definitely stay there again if we ever go back.

Room Tip: All cabins looked fantastic, of. Of course we thought ours was the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rome
Reviewed September 30, 2013

For my 4 days in Homer I wanted to stay in a cottage/cabin like place more than in a ordinary hotel/motel. I thinked it would have been part of an Alaskan experience. And I was right!
Being offseason I've been able to find good rates at Kenai Peninsula Suites and I went for it.
The place is about 3 miles outside Homer, offering a cliffs settling with great views on the bay (obviously, if you're lucky enough to have sunny days, which I hadn't).
Travelling solo, the Otter has been perfect for me. A unique, large room with sofa, flat tv, bedroom and desk with a kitchenette and bathroom. Plus a nice patio with a view.
I really appreciated the rustic feeling and most of all the amenities provided.
Fridge, microwave, coffee maker with coffee, chocolate and oatmeals, and a wonderful barbecue on the outside that I really took advantage of.
After a long kayaking or hiking day, cooking your own steak on the patio while enjoying the view and the sunset was the perfect way to end your day.
Great!