“Best mussels”

Fresh Catch Cafe
Ranked #13 of 78 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual, upscale dining located on the world famous Homer Spit. We feature a wide variety of the freshest seafood and steak around. All of our ingredients are locally grown to bring you a true Alaskan culinary adventure. Our beer and wine selection have been specially chosen to enhance each meal.
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Best mussels”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Best mussels I've ever had! Salad was good too. Oddly, the restrooms were outside And around the corner! ?!

1 Thank MelissaScott7613

• Polish first
Phoenix, AZ
“Wonderful food and good view”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

After my previous dinner experience at another establishment, I was hoping for something more "local" than a burger. Upon a recommendation from another traveler from my Bear trip, I went to Fresh Catch and had their Salmon & Halibut Red Curry. It was very good and perfect after a long day of bear viewing and flight seeing. It had lots of fish, a bountiful amount of veggies and a perfect amount of rice. When I first had the bowl placed before me, I thought that I would be able to eat it all - NOT.

A small place and it did fill up quickly around dinner time (I was there around 4PM).

My only suggestion would be to offer the beer and wine menu for with both the lunch and dinner menus. I had no idea they server beer & wine until a local came in and ordered. A beer sounded good and was much better with my meal than the tea I also ordered. Also, if it were my place, I would have different table cloths - the white bottom with tan top is not inviting. But the food makes up for the décor.

Visited August 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We got a recommendation to eat here from a local. Great advice! We were getting a little tired of seafood and both opted for the duck noodle soup. Delicious! Maybe the best dish we had during our stay in Alaska. Definitely worth a try.

Visited July 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing fish and chips”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

we asked our B and B host who had the "best" fish and chips in Homer and he was RIGHT
the breading was just enough, the fish was superbly flaky and fresh and not overcooked and the fries were perfect.
Service is superb. View is wonderful.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank LaurettaYoung
Houston, Texas
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We tried this restaurant for both lunch and dinner and were impressed both times. Many restaurants in the Kenai Peninsula have salmon and halibut on the menu, but we found it to be dry in one restaurant; bland in another. Fresh Catch Cafe did both perfectly. The fish was firm but moist. The flavors were clear while still allowing the flavor of the fresh fish to come through. It is expensive, but no more expensive than the other restaurants in the area. Alaska in general is an expensive place to visit. If you're going to pay Alaska prices, you deserve to get a satisfying meal in return.

• Visited July 2014