“Excellent food - good service.”
Review of Fresh Catch Cafe

Fresh Catch Cafe
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual, upscale dining located on the world famous Homer Spit. We feature a wide variety of the freshest seafood and steak around. All of our ingredients are locally grown to bring you a true Alaskan culinary adventure. Our beer and wine selection have been specially chosen to enhance each meal.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The waitress was very friendly and checked back many times. The food was excellent and they will also prepare fish that you have caught if you bring it in. I was checking out the halibut and salmon and they were both excellent. I felt that the value was good and I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The ambiance, food, and service were all excellent at the fresh catch. I ordered the fish sandwich and my bf ordered the fish and chips. Both were really good and the tarter sauce was very yummy. Cold, craft beers on tap which we really enjoyed. We were in a rush unfortunately when we visited, but our server really was tuned in and anticipated our needs. Great view of the water and nice location.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We went here because past reviews were amiable, even though more recent ones were negative. What a mistake. Our food took awhile to arrive- which is understandable in most situations- but our waiter George was condescending and unapologetic. The food tasted like something we could make at home for a fraction of the price. There are plenty of restaurants in Homer that are better priced and make you feel welcome.

2  Thank AKwilder
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I ordered the halibut sandwich, but when I asked for grilled halibut instead of their usual deep-fried, the waiter said that it would cost an additional $4. What a crock! I have never been charged more for grilled vs. fried fish at any other restaurant. Makes me wonder if they are trying to hide some other kind of fish in the breading. The grilled halibut sandwich with all the fixings plus French fries were good but overpriced at $20. The three others in my party had other dishes that looked good for $21 each. Maybe I just made a poor choice.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had heard from a few locals that fresh catch had really good so my husband and I decided to try it out. We looked at the menu outside and saw how expensive it was but decided based on the reviews we heard we would go for it. Boy was that a mistake. I ordered the seafood linguini and when it came out there was a hair in my food so I sent it back. I got a new plate of it but the salmon and halibut were dry and tasteless. The sauce was bland and very buttery. My husband got a burger and fries and it was overcooked and said it tasted like it was frozen, not fresh like the name of the restaurant led us to believe. He got maybe 10 french fries, the portions were not sufficient to the price we paid. To cap it all off, our waiter George was extremely inattentive. It took him ten minutes just to ask us what we wanted to drink, I understand that the summer is their busy tourist season but maybe they could have been better staffed. In all I would never recommend anyone coming here. Too expensive for the poor quality of food and service.

Been to Fresh Catch Cafe? Share your experiences!