“Some gluten free...”

Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Homer
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Boardwalk Bakery is located on the world famous Homer Spit on the Bear Country Boardwalk. Come in and enjoy baked goods made fresh every day. Grab breakfast and a boxed lunch as early as 5am to take out on your fishing trip or other excursion; or come in for coffee and one of the best cinnamon rolls you'll ever eat. Our gourmet sandwiches are made on our delicious focaccia bread. Special order cakes, cheesecakes and pies are also available. Open every day from May 1 until Labor Day. We can't wait to see you there!!
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went there after reading a review about the gluten free sandwich. Pastries were great, the staff was very nice.

jj8117, Owner at Boardwalk Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your review. We try our best to offer excellent food to everyone, and to accommodate dietary restrictions. We are glad that you enjoyed our little bakery.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My mom and I split a cinnamon roll and took one to go, they were fresh out of the oven and delicious, as well as huge!
The service was fantastic, the ladies were very welcoming and nice. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is visiting Homer.
We didn't eat it but they have breakfast and lunch as well, which I'm sure if it is anything like their sweets it's great!

Thank you for your very nice review. We are so happy that you and your mom enjoyed your cinnamon rolls. Please come back and try the rest of our great food the next time you are in Homer.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

OK if you have read my stuff before you know I have Celiac and cannot have any gluten. You might ask yourself why then is he going to a bakery, that is just crazy talk. Well let me tell you. My wife and I were down on the spit one morning because I wanted to check out a new tattoo shop that is opening, and she was hungry and saw the open sign lit up, so she left me to my musings and went in. After I was done I strolled over and met up with her. Once I walked in the lady behind the counter was super excited to see me and I felt soooo welcome. Then I looked at the menu and in big green letters I saw the 2 words that make me smile "gluten-free". It was like I was surrounded by angels singing. So I asked my questions (i.e. do you make it here, how do you protect against cross contamination, etc) she had an answer for all of them. I decided to give it a try. Since I ordered GF they cooked all my ingredients in a separate pan. I had a breakfast sammich on this new flat bread that they get from a supplier. I had the sausage and it was sooooo yummo. So I waited to see if I had any reaction. Not a one, not that there isn't some risk because of flour. So give them a try. OH! And my wife loved her beakfast sammich on a biscuit.

jj8117, Owner at Boardwalk Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience at Boardwalk Bakery. We do try to accommodate special dietary needs. Please come back and see us!!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We headed down to the Boardwalk Bakery on the Spit to grab breakfast and get some box lunches for our bear watching trip. They have TERRIFIC breakfast burritos – I had the sausage, egg & cheese. We also got ham and cheese sandwiches on ciabatta bread, chips and fresh baked cookies - chocolate chip and Snickerdoodle! Friendly folks and great on the go food for excursions in Homer!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a small sandwich that was expensive for what you got. Had to buy something else in order to use my credit card, so I bought a pecan bar that was ok, too sweet and runny. Not bad, but there is a much better bakery and a much better deli in town.

Been to Boardwalk Bakery? Share your experiences!