“New location, same ok food”

Boss Hogz Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 75 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Description: All American Dining and Ice Cream Parlor.
Savannah, Georgia
“New location, same ok food”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The burgers were ok, the BBQ was reheated and rubbery, and the sides were ok. Not my first choice to send a friend to get food, but what I can say is that the portions are huge, and you get your money's worth here.

Visited June 2012

Homer
“Fresh and tasty food at a good price”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food is delicious and fresh: even the french fries are cut onsite, the wait staff is really top notch, and it is very affordable. Great burgers!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ArcticMoonBeam
Wind Gap
“Honeymooners!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Homer Ak. in July this past year. I must say being a chef with my culinary degree and a firefighter from Pennsylvania who has travelled all over the country for the sake of cooking, this place is like no other. I consider myself a burger enthusiast, having to try one everyplace my wife and I go to. When we were in Homer we stumbled into Boss Hoggz by recommendation of our car rental guy. I must say i was very impressed. The simplicity of the restaurant, the warming smile of our waitress Miss Brooke and the sheer friend/ family feel we recieved from the owner Jimmy was impeccable. Now on to the food. After being in Homer for a week we frequented Boss Hoggz for at least one meal a day (per request of my wife, she is super picky when it comes to food). One of the things resaurants loose sight of is consistancy. Not this place! Every meal we had was consistant as the meal prior. The young culinarian named Zach is partly to blame for this. This young man nailed it everytime. To him I say keep the excellent work up. They incorparated many different simple flavors, the way food should be. After returning home my wife and I have tried to find something that even closely reminds us of Boss Hoggz, but haven't found anything. I must say this is a huge disappointment. So now we are planning our return to Homer, and I would be lying if I told you that Boss Hoggz didn't have anything to do with the planning process. This is a must try if you make it to Homer!!!
Thanks to all the Staff at Boss Hoggz for your hospitality!

The Honeymooners,
Adam and Morgan

• Visited July 2012
Homer, Alaska
“just ok”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Fried cheese on burgers is unusual, but good. Prices seemed a bit high, and everything is ala carte. They had just opened at the new location when we went there. Out of several menu items including BBQ, so will go back this fall and try that. Staff was courteous and apologetic about outages of menu items.

Visited June 2012
Stockton, California
“Great for food, value & families”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were lucky enough when visiting Homer to find this restaurant! Giant gourmet burgers, (make sure to get the ring of cheese on it),tender BBQ pork & beef. and a black bean burger that was incredibly good. All burgers are served on big, fresh speciality buns. Super tasty breakfasts, served with fried potatoes. My husband really enjoyed the meat lovers omelet served with a big fluffy biscuit. The biscuit was topped with a freshly made rich gravy,(not the run of the mill canned wall paper paste). The Reindeer sausage was totally Alaska. All of us loved the sides, fried breaded green beans were my fav, coleslaw that was crisp & tangy, light sweet potato puffs. I can't forget to mention the grilled cheese sandwiches. Theirs was big, and gooey. We didnt try their chili, but the table next to us ordered double servings. Table service in a clean, bright dining room. We ate here quite alot, it was cheap, had wonderful food, and very kid friendly. The owner is one of the chef's and you can tell wants his customers to come back. This was a homey, relaxing place to get a great meal & not have our wallet emptied, which can easily happen in Alaska. kudo's Boss Hoggz, job well done.

• Visited August 2012