“Excellent Fishing”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Excellent Fishing”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Fished with Bob's 3 days in August. They set up an overnight trip which was excellent. Caught Halibut, Ling Cod, Rock Fish and Salmon. Captain and deck hands were excellent.

Fished a day trip on a 6 pack the Tough Stuff. Caught a limit of Silver Salmon and a limit of nice Halibut. Captain Joe on the Tuff Stuff is very experienced and really works hard to catch fish.

Everyone in our party brought back at least two 50 lb boxes of nice filets.

St. Petersburg, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We did a half day halibut fishing trip recently. It was a lot of fun. Each person is allowed to take back 2 halibut. If you opt to, the staff will cut it up right on the boat. It was so fun to watch. I opted to have them package and ship it to my house in FL. We were in a hurry so we didn't have time to explore other options. Everyone else on the boat advised against this. They said it would be too expensive and to just take it on the plane with me. No one ever told me how much this was going to cost. We made the arrangements with them. They called to say we had 40lb and its $1.05/lb to package it but they had no idea how much the FedEx charges would be to ship it. They said they'd call with a total price. They didn't. It was delivered promptly on the day I requested it. Total bill was $284! Seems like a lot. I'm not complaining though. The whole experience was worth it. The staff were all very nice and patient with us newbies.

1 Thank 766mistyp
Bloomington, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“bob's was full”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stopped by to book a halibut charter for the next day. Bob's was all booked but they called around and found us open spots through another company, Central Charters. The woman got our fishing licenses and took our payments for the other company. We didn't get to experience Bob's first hand but were grateful to have her help and not make an extra trip to book elsewhere. Great service!

Paso Robles, California
“Halyesibut”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I took a half day halibut fishing cruise on the Nauti-Lady in July 2013. I was impressed with the professionalism of the Captain and the industriousness of deck hands. I fished until my arms gave out, took home two beautiful 'buts. Couldn't ask for more. I hope to return to Homer and go out with Bob's again.

Visited July 2013
Shanghai
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“An amazing experience!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I took a 2 weeks’ vacation in Alaska this June. And fortunately, we’ve got everyday sunny those days! We went a half day halibut fishing tour with Bob's Trophy Charters, and really had a great time! The captain John was very nice and helpful! Since we were newbie, he was very patient to teach us the details. Because we’re Chinese and wanted to keep the whole fish, John lent us his knife for cutting the fishes. And we also like their professional booking procedure. If we go to Alaska again, we’ll definitely go fishing with them again!

Visited June 2013