“Big taste in a small space”
Review of Maura's Cafe and Deli - CLOSED

Maura's Cafe and Deli
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Maura's cafe is formally known as Panarelli's ( same owners) has been in operating in Homer for seven years, it is located in historic Old Town Homer.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I expected a good sandwich at Maura's but was delighted with a fabulous lunch. The innovative flavor combinations were delicious. I love chicken curry salad but their's was the best I have ever tasted. Beyond the food, the cafe has the wonderful Homer charm and warmth. Definitely a must visit in Homer.

1  Thank ShannonW952

Reviewed July 20, 2013

found this small restaurant on a back street and are very happy we did. we had the best lunch we had on our entire trip- an absolutely fantastic chicken curry sandwich with fabulous tomato basil soup. what a delight! and large enough they kindly packed 1/2 up for my lunch the next day. warning that there are just a few tables inside and a few more outside. but believe me it worth it!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

A French cafe in the middle of Homer? At first glance the prices seemed high, but this was not your usual fare. Excellent ingredients, tasty twists on flavor, good sized quantities and wonderful decor. It was a total pleasure. Note: if you are thinking of taking one of their deli sandwiches on a picnic etc...it must be ordered after 11am or the night before.

1  Thank 523SM523
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

In Alaska, sometimes just barely edible is considered a "great place" . Could be lack of good places, or they haven't gotten out of the river long enough to look. And summer rates can be more than you paid for your car. That being said, Maura's delivers something as rare as gold: fantastic food at a reasonable price. Someone did their homework. Herbs are artfully blended. I was eating things I would never buy in the store! Who knew kale was GOOD? It looked rather unappealing at the grocers. I ate everything not because I was hungry, but because it was GOOD! No, it wasn't just good. It was GREAT! It was DELICIOUS! It ROCKED!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to Maura's after running into a local man who was walking his dog while I was walking mine. He said it was best breakfast in town, and he was right. Great sandwiches for lunch, too.