“Perfect Anniversary Stay”
Review of Homer Inn & Spa

Homer Inn & Spa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had such a beautiful view of the mountains and bay. Even though we stayed at the end of September and first part of October, we had some lovely days and enjoyed sitting in the hot tub while viewing the bay. Our room was tidy and neat, with a large enough refrigerator to hold the necessaries (wine, cheese, beer, etc...). We did not have a chance to avail ourselves of the spa services, but appreciated the friendliness of the staff and the offering of the house made wine. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I make an annual trip to the Kenai to fly fish in the fall to celebrate our anniversary and this time we decided to stay in Homer. We chanced upon this place while searching online and we couldn't be happier. Close to town, a wonderful view, easy access to our favorite fishing holes...it doesn't get much better....did I mention they have a spa on site? A very personal attention has been made in just about every detail here, the art, decor...coffee, tea and snacks in your room waiting. We love the lack of cable tv and land lines from the rooms, it is so quiet and we never go to bed or wake up to a phone ringing or a tv blaring through the wall. They have plenty of local info laying around to help you find a place to eat, and there are plenty of good places to eat here! If I had to make a critique I would ask that the mattresses be upgraded, the bed was a little lumpy but really after a long day of fishing anything feels good. We look forward to returning year after year to this perfect little haven of wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had no idea where we would be staying in Homer, but stopped at the visitor's center for a local map. At the bottom on the map (at the waters edge) we saw Homer Inn and Spa, so we took a short ride to the Inn to check it out. Best idea we had in the 12 days driving around Alaska.
The Inn only has four rooms and all look out onto the Homer Sound and the snow covered mountains in the background. Our room was the Glacier Suite and it should have been the called the Glacier Sweet because it was. Room was decorated with such warmth and delightful art. Room came complete with a mini fridge and a microwave, but was placed in the room so that it wasn't a focal point. The private balcony was a delight with a small table so that you could have your morning coffee watching the water, mountains and the eagle who visited the big tree right in front. Paul and Marilyn (innkeepers) do make their guests feel special and are very knowledgeable about the area. I would HIGHLY recommend the inn to anyone visiting the area. Don't forget to try the homemade Blueberry wine, very tasty.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived at the Homer Inn & Spa after a long roadtrip from Anchorage and a disappointing stay at a B & B there. Although it is a little difficult to find, upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the innkeeper who offered us a glass of their homemade wine... it was delicious and the perfect way to start our stay. We loved wonderful and unique decor, the lovely scents, the music and we immediately started to unwind and relax...and we were still in the lobby!

Our room was also decorated in a special way... like nothing we had ever seen. It was whimsical and artsy, and we enjoyed the calming effect. The view from our room and deck were incredible. The inn is very quiet, right on the water, and you can see the spit, Kachemak Bay, and the mountains & glaciers across the bay. We enjoyed the king size bed... not common in Alaska. They do not serve breakfast here, but have plenty of fruit, oatmeal and muffins to get you going on your way. In room refrigerator and microwave and table make it easy.

On our second day, we went fishing for halibut & salmon for about 10 hours. When we returned to the inn, my wife had set up a couples massage. Like most guys, I was a little nervous but Holly was very patient with this old dog and made it one of the best experiences of my Alaska adventure. The massages are done in a small building down a cute little pathway. After the massage, my wife and I enjoyed a glass of wine in the hot tub overlooking the bay and it was the perfect ending to our stay. I wish we could have spent the whole week here.

1  Thank bigdaddy73
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were re-routed to the Homer Inn & Spa when our booked (and confirmed) hotel had rebooked our room to a wedding party and could not accommodate us for our 3 day stay in Homer.
We wanted a king size bed in a modern establishment with beachfront views to the mountains and that is exactly what this wonderful inn gave us plus a balcony. When we went to check out the room we were offered wine and the owner welcomed us via the telephone. The first night we found we had no tv reception (but plenty of DVDs) and he offered us his laptop to download any favorite series we wanted. What a lovely friendly place.
Thank you for rescuing us from a messed up booking, for your hospitality and the wonderful view.

Room Tip: I do believe all rooms face the sea and mountains
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place is absolutely fabulous! If you go, ask for Holly... her technique is one of the best I've ever experienced, and I've been getting massages for 18 years. (I had the swedish/deep tissue combination). Also, I recommend sitting in the jacuzzi for a half hour beforehand; you'll see sea otters playing and the occasional porpoise. After my massage I opted for the glacial mud facial, which really helped my wind chapped skin. A wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Get the glacial mud wrap, awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Homer Inn and Spa on August 12, 2012. We had travelled fairly hard for 7 days and arrived early in the afternoon-before check in. The room was not quite ready so we were given a glass of wine and directed to a seat on a glide chair overlooking Homer Sound. It was like a transformation from hectic to serene. The room was great! big window with water views, nice size deck, and a TV without stations-no news, no sitcoms, no reality shows, no stress. There is a DVD player and there is a library of DVD's in the lobby with a wide range of movies. We had planned to go out to dinner, but instead brought in some smoked fish, crackers, etc. along with a bottle of wine and enjoyed the view from the deck. I was all zenned out. We woke the next morning ready to explore more of this great state This was the best place we stayed in our 12 nights in Alaska

Mike McCahill

Room Tip: We stayed in the Glacier Suite which had a water view and a good size deck. While I didn't visi...