“Great drinks”
Review of Wasabi's

Wasabi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wasabi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 75 Restaurants in Homer
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Majestic views of Kachemak Bay, glaciers and mountains, multiple bird viewing opportunities and a moose or two. We accommodate large parties to 300 people, plenty of parking perfect for weddings and functions. We also have a night club with state of the art lighting, sound and vidio perfect for that special event.
Homer, Alaska
“Great drinks”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wasabis is a great place to go with friends and family to get either sushi or the dinner special. They have a fab lemon drop martini that is sugar rimmed and very refreshing, the views are very nice also, service can be slow but it is worth the wait

Visited July 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Glad you enjoyed our hand crafted cocktails, we put a lot of thought into them and obviously your experience is the product of it. Thanks for you patronage.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Food was good, service, not so much”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We are in Homer often and usually eat out a couple nights. We wanted to go out after a great day of fishing and called our favorite spot but they were full all evening so we decided to try Wasabi's. I will start with the good, the appetizers we ordered were real good, We had a seafood pot, the halibut dip and a California roll. All very good. Two of us had ribeyes and 2 had the tempura shrimp. One person also ordered a ceasar salad. All were very good and the steaks were cooked just as they were ordered. The problem was the service. Our waitress was a young gal. First it took forever to get our drinks. We then ordered the apps. She came back before the apps came out and took our orders. I was the first order she took then the other guys. The apps finally show up about 40 minutes later. We had eaten the edamame (sp) and the shells were on the app plates. She proceeds to dump the shells onto another plate and gives us back the used plates for the apps that just came out. For a restuarant billed as fine dining this is unacceptable. Another 30-40 min go by and another gal comes out with food. The salad never came out until another gal comes to drop off the meals. She only has the salad and 3 entrees. I said I ordered the tempura also and was the first order taken. The original waitress comes back and say oh sorry, do you want me to turn it in now? Really? I guess I just came in to watch the other 3 eat. I say yeas please. So by the time I get my meal everyone else is 3/4 done with their meal. One person needed a condiment to go with his meal and we had to flag someone down who was walking by to find our waitress to get it. It took 10 minutes to get a little wasabi. The waitress only came by 1 time to see if we needed anything else to drink and we had to get up to find someone to bring some more water. I am very disappointed in the poor service when there were only 3 other tables of people at the time. The service part of the experience will make me think twice about going there again when I can pay the same amount of money at cups or Patties and get way better service. One of the guys with us is from Homer told the one waitress it's like we didn't exsist. He had recommened Wasabi's when Patties was full and was apologetic afterwards.

FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. This is not our norm and most humbly ask you give us another opportunity to get it right. Thanks for your business.
“Don't do it!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The worst experience ever! We were seated and our server Angie came up with a nice enough attitude. But it went down hill from there. We waited for 1 1/2 hrs for 4 sushi rolls to be made! Which is ridiculous but we were patient. this was on a Monday and it was empty. When the food finally arrived it was ok, but Angie's attitude was horrible. We had spicy rolls and were never given any water refills. She also forgot part of the order and when I asked kindly for it she gave me a dirty look as if I annoyed her. Then we waited another 1/2 hour to get our bill. I will never ever come back! Totally over priced and worst treatment ever!!

4 Thank Lkinak
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dab nabit, it's unfortunate that we gave you a poor dining experience and regret having done so. This is not normal for us and hope you can find it in your hart to give us another opportunity to turn things around.
Fenton, Missouri
“Fresh Alaska with magnificent view”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

As the typical three-day visitors to Homer we wanted to try a quality restaurant. Wasabi's exceeded our expectations. The view of the glaciers and mountains across Kachemak Bay was stunning on a beautiful evening.
The menu combines individually prepared entrees with the sushi the name implies. We sampled both. Both were fresh and presented expertly. The seafood reflects Alaska's bounty, and is the best I've had after a week of sampling.
The memories of the cuisine and coastline will remain.

FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Great to see we hit a Homerun! We enjoy what we do and seems you enjoy it as well thanks for you patronage and let's hope the view never changes.
Mevasseret Zion, Israel
“Terrible service. Excellent food.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the god news: outstanding food! Whatever we ordered (except for the sushi which was just ok) was remarkable! Tasty, and also well presented. Also- it is a beautiful restaurant with magnificent view from the windows and the architecture is smart.
However- we have made reservation for 8 pm and arrived on time. Several more tables were served but the place was relatively empty. We were served with the excellent appetizers, but in no time while still working on those, the waiter brought the entree! But that was not the end. Still eating and enjoying my plate, the waiter cleared my husband's plate (he was done with it) and offered that she will pack mine to take... When I mentioned I am still eating she brought the check! My husband said we would like to have deserts , and furiously she mentioned all deserts took the order and brought another check... While we ate the desert- the waiters worked on putting chairs on the tables and cleaning the restaurant. A note: we arrived at 8pm and left just before 10 pm... I would call it rude!

1 Thank Idit M
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Yeah and boo at the same time. Apologies for our service and thankful that you where able to see thru a poor server and recognize we are more than that. Assured the server you had no longer works for us and we have made better choices in heiring. Glad our food was a Homerun and worth other visits. Thanks for your business.

Been to Wasabi's? Share your experiences!