Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
etbtravelphotography
Denver, Colorado
Highlight of the year!!!!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2018
falch2018
Denver, Colorado

All reviews k bay air once in a lifetime pilot guide clams lake clark hip waders within feet salmon plane ride amazing experience beach landing great pilot felt very safe amazing pictures tour company eating grass great trip
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nothing can beat this trip on a sunny day! Incredible bear experience and beautiful scenery. We sat 25 yards from a mama nursing her cub. Saw about 15 bears in 3 hours...playing, fishing and relaxing. I could have stayed for days. For more info and pics google etbtravelphotography

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Spur of the moment trip that turned into life long memories. Our adventure did not start with the bear viewing but really started at the orientation. The staff and the pilots, Derrick, Alex and Ben were all great. Our pilot/guide was Derrick but we were all on the bear viewing beach at the same time. All were very professional, experienced and you could tell they love what they do. However, the bears stole the show. Up close wildlife in action.

1  Thank falch2018
Reviewed September 21, 2018

This is a must!!! The ladies in the office were super friendly and very helpful. Our pilot, Meed, was a GREAT guide! We saw a total of 13 bears, 2 being yearlings. It's incredible how close you will get to these beautiful bears! Truly loved every minute watching them run in the stream catching their breakfast. If you are in Homer, this is an adventure you have to go on!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

What a great experience! We met at their office at the airport and flew for a little over an hour to Village Bay in Katmai National Park. The flight itself was wonderful, Ben, our pilot and guide, was outstanding - very personable and knowledgable. His first concern was for our safety both on the flight and with the bears. I noticed at one point when a bear walked fairly close to us ( 30-40 feet) Ben moved between the bear and us. While I was never frightened, nor even nervous, I did appreciate Ben's professionalism. We spent probably around 3, maybe 3-1/2 hours on the ground with the bears. Two points I want to make: 1) If you're nervous about being so close to the bears, don't be. We had a cub come to within 15 to 20 feet, looked at us and moved on. They could have cared less that we were there. Not once did I feel any kind of nervousness. 2) If you tend to be a bit claustrophobic, the flight over and back may cause you some issues. Although it is perfectly safe, it is a small plane.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

First I want to say, that our guide/ pilot Alec was superb. He was very informative about the bears. After we landed on the beach and moved over the dune, we immediatly saw a bear in the river fishing for salmon. It was amazing!
We were 3 hours on the ground, We had the luck to see a lot of bears. Also 2 mama bears with cubs.
It was worth the money, and maybe once, we'll fly again with Alec!!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

we had a wonderful experience!!! the pilot/tour guide Ben was the best! He was very helpful and informative about the bears, super sweet! would love to fly again with him.
I feel like we really got our money's worth in this trip.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Meant to do this review a few weeks ago but just getting around to it. I went with alaska bear adventures to lake Clark and saw more bears than I have seen the entire time I have been in Alaska. The crew were all super friendly and willing to answer question (even dumb ones) pilot Joe was super friendly and humorous and made everyone feel very comfortable. It was one of the most memorable days of my life. I look forward to going again next year.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Insane way to wrap up our great trip to Homer, Alaska. While expensive, the operation is world class and the experiences are once in a lifetime. Ask for Meed, as he was an awesome pilot and guide, who went above and beyond to make sure we had the best time possible!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

This bear viewing adventure exceeded my expectations times 10. Pilot/guide Meed was extremely attentive to safety yet very calm and reassuring. I felt totally at ease in the plane, crossing a knee-deep waterway and even within 20 feet of two bears. We landed on a beach in Katmai National Park very close to where a dozen or so bears were fishing in the water. We saw toung males and several moms and cubs too. We sat on driftwood or knelt in the sand and let the action come to us The grand finale was seeing two cubs climbing and playing in a tree. I highly recommend this trip and this company. It's not cheap but worth every penny.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Joe was our pilot and guide and was great and professional as is the whole operation.

When the time of 3 hours on the ground was up and while walking toward our plane. A mama Brown bear with 3 healthy cubs marched her bear family to the beach toward our Cessna and the little one's surrounded the back of the 206. Apparently Mama's cubs didn't want us to leave 'cause the her little male (150+ibs) started to chew on our 206's tail......really and have the photos!

What a amazing trip!