Land's End Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Otter Cove Resort(Kachemak Bay State Park)
Good 3.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    Excellent 5/5
    • Free Internet
    Excellent 5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    • Restaurant
    Average 3/5
    All reviewslands endchart roomsea otterssmall balconyhomer spitbay windowfishing boatskachemak bayhot tubgreat viewmurphy bedbit datedhalibutgreat roomcoffee makercondoviews
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 2, 2013

Spent two nights at Lands End Resort in Homer, Alaska. The place was amazing. Not the fanciest place we've stayed but one that we hope to return to. It was clean, comfortable and had good staff and a great location. Our balcony faced the ocean and the sounds of the surf put us to sleep. It was awesome that they had historical documents framed and lining the hallways.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed in a Midship Bay room. Loved staying on the spit. Incredible view from room. Private patio cute but very tiny. Room a touch small, but no issues there. Frig and Microwave nice amenities. Rooms and facility showing a bit of age but completely functional. Staff generally helpful, though a bit short of excellent. Rented bikes, a nice perk and good ride over spit into town; but bikes in need of a bit of TLC though they worked (again, "adequate"). Fitness center a joke: one treadmill and some kind of small pool. Could be a world-class resort with an infusion of capital.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
    Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed in the upper condos a couple times over the years and though they are somewhat expensive, they really aren't much more than two hotel rooms would be. Stayed in 714 in the past and 715 this June. 715 is nice for two couples if you want to have similar accommodations, though if you can rent 714 with its master king room with master bath, it is well worth the extra $. Both have spectacular views and are right on the ocean with nice kitchens to cook in, etc, etc. Other than a few small issues with amenities that were forgotten by housekeeping, the condo was very nice and will definitely be back soon - though in 714 this time again!

Room Tip: Splurge on the upper floor condos (the 700's)
    Reviewed June 26, 2013

I would like to account for two separate visits I have made to Land's End. Both times I was provided with terrible service. My first visit was made around 9:20 PM on a weekday. After working a long shift, we decided to treat ourselves to dinner out. We elected to visit Land's End.

Upon entering, we were asked if we'd like to sit in the bar. Since it was late, we understood and gladly accepted our seats at a bar table. The bartender was extremely friendly to us when we walked in and made us feel right at home. Her name was Erika. Unfortunately, a tall, thin waitress with short, uneven, light brown hair greeted us and brought us water. We quickly ordered an appetizer, the fried pickles, a burger, and the patty melt. The waitress (who I, sadly, cannot call by name since that was not offered to us) said that she was out of the patty melt. I replied that this was just fine and that I would also have a burger. She asked if we would like to have our fried pickles with the meal or before. We said that we would like them before. She replied that she had never had fried pickles and that we would have to tell her how they were. Well, we never received our fried pickles. The burgers were just okay. Greasy and overcooked. The whole meal tasted like onions. Our waitress seemed like she was more interested in completing her side work than serving us at all. We decided to just let go of the idea we would receive our appetizer and decided not to mention it to our increasingly rude and decreasingly present waitress. When our bill was delivered, we paid quickly. Our bill was around $31. My boyfriend put $40 in the book, which was snatched from our table without a word. She asked, from across the bar, if we would like change. We said that we would. She returned to the table to flop the book there and said, "Your change is 8.67", left the table, and returned to her side work. Though her service was terrible, my boyfriend kindly tipped her $6.00. We left appalled.

Our second visit to Land's End was worse, if you can believe it. We decided to give it another try on account of its impressive dessert menu. We dressed up, decided on appetizers and desserts, and, again, walked past all the other restaurants to visit Land's End around 5:20 pm. We were sat immediately by a young, dark haired hostess who wore a flower in her hair. She put us in the dining room next to a window, provided us with water, and said that our server would be right there. We took a look at the menu and quickly decided what we'd like, having already viewed the menu online. This began our wait. We watched as the hostess walked around the dining room slowly with no purpose. We also saw two or three female servers roaming the dining room and seemingly avoiding eye contact with us. We were enjoying the view, so we were patient. Soon, twenty five minutes had passed and the lazy hostess was seating another table. We watched in anticipation to see if the table would be attended. It was only five minutes before they received service. We began to feel pointedly ignored. After thirty minutes had passed (in which we waited to see just how long it would take to be acknowledged), we were visited by one of the servers roaming the dining room. The server, who I remember had an accent I could not place and brown hair styled in a pony tail, said that she was sorry and that the other servers and she had "not known who had the table". We replied that it had been too long and that we were unhappy and that we would be leaving. We left the table to visit the host stand on our way out and let an older hostess know of the terrible service we had experienced. She offered to get a server for us, but that was obviously not the solution we were seeking. We had just wasted another night at Land's End. We went on down to Harbor Grill and experienced another disappointing burger, but excellent service.

I would just like to say how much of a waste this establishment is. It has a beautiful location, access to the freshest of ingredients, and an atmosphere unparalleled in any other Homer restaurant. I will not be visiting Land's End again unless I have been made aware of a significant improvement. I am asked often, if not daily, in my place of employment where "the best place to eat in Homer" is and "whether Land's End is good or not". Unfortunately, I have nothing good to say. The service was abominable and the little food I was able to get there was unappetizing. I have been made aware that the kind bartender no longer works at Land's End, so I don't have a single good thing to say about it other than it sits on a favorable piece of land. Do yourself a favor and go sit on their benches or the deck. Chances are, no one will even notice you're there.

8  Thank alex2890
    Reviewed June 22, 2013

We ended up in Homer our last day on a tour to see Alaska. We hoped for a decent place to sleep and ended up w so much more. The price was very reasonable and the staff was very pleasant. Walking to our room I could tell by how fresh and clean everything smelled and looked that we were going to likely be pleased w our room. There was no doubt that they went the extra mike to clean and prepare our room. The room was very fresh and clean and our bed was so comfortable. The bay view out of our window and balcony door was beyond my imagination. We were very pleased w our stay. Homer is a very quaint fishing town and is so relaxing. I can imagine that this would be an amazing place for taking a fishing excurssion but I would've stayed here for a larger part of my trip and drove to see the surrounding towns if it hadn't of been our last day.

• Stayed: June 2013
    EOSHomer, CEO at Land's End Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing Land’s End Resort, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate to be located in Homer—a town that is one of the best kept secrets—and our setting at the end of the Homer Spit is world class. We very often hear that visitors wished they had planned more time in Homer. A recent winner of an Alaskan vacation through Where Magazine called me to see if he could extend his trip in Homer and forgo another location. Kachemak Bay is truly a crown jewel of Alaska, and at our resort, it is at your doorstep.
    Thanks again.