“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Cozy Cove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Cozy Cove Inn
Ranked #2 of 40 Homer B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We had an awesome stay here. The place was so charming, clean, spacious, wonderfully furnished and in a beautiful picturesque setting. The Bentler's were great. They were helpful and not overbearing like some B&B hosts can be. It was fully stocked w/ an assortment of goodies and home baked goods. We slept great in a really comfortable bed. The price was the best for the shoulder season.The hot tub was great. It was well worth it. We had the best Alaskan adventure. We did so much. Halibut fishing, horse back riding, hiking and local attractions. They had all the info you needed for things around town. I will deffinately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Bentler's Bear Paw Inn while visiting Homer in August, and do not have enough good things to say about our experience! There is only one room, and it is essentially a studio apartment on top of the Bentler's house. This is GREAT because it is extremely private and there is no need to share a bathroom or be polite to other guests. The studio was spacious and nicely decorated - it had a very cozy feel to it. Our hosts, Lois and Wayne Bentler, also made us feel at home whether it was bringing up muffins during the day or helping us get a special rate on our halibut fishing charter through their network in Homer. The hot tub and grill were a big plus as well, especially the latter as we were able to grill up our freshly caught halibut and have a relaxing night in. We also had some pretty cool wildlife sightings. There was a bald eagle that was continually perched on a tree next to the driveway, and we saw moose on our drive up to the house (it's on top of a big hill overlooking Homer and the bay - excellent views!) I only gave the location 4 stars because you definitely need a car to stay here and it is a 15 minute drive into town. I also thought the price was very reasonable...or perhaps I am just used to New York rent... All in all, an excellent experience. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband, myself, and my mom planned a last minute trip to Homer for some silver salmon fishing and happened to find a last minute special for 2 nights at the Bear Paw Inn and I am so glad we stayed there. The room was very private, plenty of space for 3 people, CLEAN, modern, new, and quiet with total privacy. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed to cook our own meals (pots, pans, utensils, silverware etc.), along with juice, fruit, yogurt, milk, bread, peanut butter, jelly, oatmeal, coffee, homemade muffins and cookies, cream cheese. We saw a few moose and some bald eagles up close! Even though it was cloudy/rainy during our trip we still enjoyed the view of the mountains and ocean from the dining area table. I would have to say the best part of this bed and breakfast was how private it was....no worrying about sharing a bathroom or common are with other travelers and dealing with their noise! So quiet and private! The hosts were very friendly and even shared some fresh smoked salmon with us when we departed, which was a nice treat :) I hope we get to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I was very impressed when I walked into our bedroom -- it is like a bedroom for little bears in a fairy tale. Everything is so detailed -- you see cute little bears everywhere. I couldn't stop taking pictures when Lois showed us around!! I uploaded a couple of pictures here. The bedroom is absolutely cozy, clean and beautiful!

The house is situated on a hill, surrounded by trees and flowers. Two bald eagles often chill on trees not far away -- one called Eddy and one called Freddy. You can see them when you drink Alaska beer in the hot tub -- yes, there is a great hot tub and a BBQ grill!

Love Wayne and Lois -- they are so nice, thoughtful and fun!! They prepared everything we needed -- fruit, milk, bread, cooking utensils, spices, dinner wares, books, DVDs, etc. Wayne also made muffins for us -- delicious delicious.

On my Alaska trip, I stayed in a beautiful hotel, a cute cabine and the Bear Paw Inn. Bear Paw Inn was undoubtly the best! If you want real Alaska experience, and a cozy and beautiful place to stay, I will highly recommend this place. I have never written a review before. But after my trip, I'm compelled to write this one. Love to be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Brand New, Spacious, Sleeps four very comfortably, View of Trees, hills and ocean. Beautifully made custom table and chairs and bed frame. Hot tub available. Grill available. Full size refrig and stove . Close to Homer Spit. This was a great place to stay while husband and son took an overnight deep sea fishing trip. Felt perfectly safe by myself and did not want to leave. Two eagles flew in and perched for hours for close up viewing. Moose tracks out the window, must of been snuggled up reading when it walked by. Lots of literature available highlighting the area and a list of things to see and do. Very cozy. The hosts were as gracious as can be. Will go back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast for 5 nights. It is really an apartment above the garage of Wayne and Lois Bentler with it's own seperate entrance. It has a full kitchen with full size range oven, refrigerator, microwave, sink and dishes. The private bathroom has a nice shower. It has a kitchen table that can seat 4 comfortably and has a good view out the window of part of the bay and the mountains across. It also has a queen bed and a double size murphy bed. Everything was extremely clean (take your shoes off at the door) and like new. It is decorated in a bear motif with bears on the light switches, etc. Continental breakfast was cereal, toast, milk, juice. What was also great is that you could come and go as you pleased, eat when you like and not have to feel like you were disturbing anyone. But what made this trip special for my son and I was the hospitality of our hosts. Wayne and Lois are wonderful people and really went the extra mile to accomodate us in every way. This B & B is so much more and well worth the price. We saw moose in the yard daily and many times more than one. The salmon tasted excellent on the grill that is on the front porch and the hot tub was nice after a long day. I should have taken photos when we got there but I didn't so you get to see it after we lived there for 5 days. Overall and excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We are so glad that we booked two nights at this b&b, the accomodations couldn't be nicer!

Pros: Brand new unit, with all new furnishings, appliances, etc. Includes full kitchen, spacious bathroom, and GORGEOUS view from dining room of ocean and snow-capped mountain peaks. VERY LARGE unit with wood floors. ALthough there is no separated bedroom, the lay-out was such that we were able to have our son sleep in his portable crib out of our sight (which helps him to sleep better). Kitchen was God-send because we were getting tired of eating out all the time. Also, unlike the previous night at another b&b, we didn't have to worry about our 18-month old son being noisy. He could run around as much as wanted because the garage was beneath us. He could cry or sing or make any other songs because we were the only unit and it was truly a private space! Also, we are not typical b&b people, we like our independence and privacy, and the breakfast was yogurt, english muffins, and pears already placed in our refrigerator, We also had coffee maker, hot chocolate/teas, oatmeal and other items, so we could just fix our own breakfast in our jammies and own company. There is a hot-tub outside available for our use, but we didn't take advantage of it.

Cons: The darkening shades were okay, but could use black-out shades for the window above the bed. Windows need screens, but I'm assuming the owners are still in the process of doing that. You MUST have a car to stay here, it is several miles from the city center or Homer Spit. We didn't mind making the drive, especially considering the niceness of the place and great price. There is no laundry access. If you need to use the phone, you have to use the owner's in their home, but this wasn't an issue for us as we had cell phones. Wireless internet available- in fact, I'm using it right now to write this review! :-)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank katinSanDiego_CA