Review Highlights
Unusual Creatures of the Dock Tour

We took part in the Creatures of the Dock Tour through the Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies. It... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2019
C6261ETsarar
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
Creatures of the Dock is a Must

We took the Creatures of the Dock tour at the marina on the Homer spit. It was offered through the... read more

Reviewed November 25, 2018
owassokie
Owasso, Oklahoma

Recommended experiences in and around Homer
from $680.00
from $6,400.00
from $80.00
from $725.00
More Info
All reviews peterson bay tide pooling wynn nature center field station sea creatures combo tour sea star octopus edible plants low tide minute boat ride marine biology educational experience great place to learn interesting information star fish neat place
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Nature Center was just OK. At the entrance price I would have expected a little more. I was hoping to see some of the birds of the area but when we visited it was quite quiet. The paths were difficult to maneuver in spots due to tree roots and the like. The good part was the scenery on the drive up. It was awesome thought there were times I wasn't sure we would fall off the road.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a great time tide pooling with the guide from the Alaska Coastal Studies Center during our Alaska visit. The day we spent tide pooling, hiking and sea kayaking was our favorite day while their. Our guide was knowledgeable and enthusiastic and quickly became just a friend. We were able to see all kinds of creatures and learned a lot during our visit. I would highly recommend them to anyone visiting Alaska!

Date of experience: June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Jesse D
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Even on a cloudy day this is a good place for a moderate hike.
Don't forget the bug spray as they are out and hungry. The ranger office is willing to share theirs. Good information and they loan binoculars and wildlife/flower guides.

1  Thank Janet V
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I are in our early 30's who enjoy the great outdoors and the 2 hour guided walk we took with Naturalist Rob Roy didn't disappoint. This serene walk required moderate fitness levels and the view at the end of the trail is stunning, with large raised chairs awaiting us to take a break and soak up the panorama in front of us. Rob Roy was well-informed, eager to share knowledge without overloading us with too much information. I especially enjoyed learning about the edible plants along the way. Nothing beats a pleasant pick-me-up from nature like this!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The camp was spectacular. My son learned a great deal in a stunningly beautiful, relaxed and fun environment. The staff were all extremely knowledgable and personable. Everyone was accommodating to out needs. Thank you so much for a trip of a lifetime for our son!

2  Thank Ski-it-forever