“Unbelievably awesome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healy
Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Healy B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2011

One of the best B&Bs we've ever stayed in. Ann & Terry are incredible people & were outstanding hosts . They made our honeymoon a trip to remember. The hospitality was superb. They have an extensive knowledge of the area, including things to do, services offered, etc. We had plenty of things to do every day even though it was the dead of winter. Denali National Park is a 15-20 minute drive from here. Ann & Terry can help arrange dog mushing trips in the area. There's even an outdoor hockey rink across the street. Breakfast was delicious every single day. Our nights were quiet, comfortable, and very restful. The fireplace was always lit & made our return out of -30 degree weather all the more enjoyable. The view from the Dome Home is spectacular - especially if you're lucky enough to catch the Aurora (we saw a small display while we were there). We felt like we were staying with relatives we like. In addition, Healy is a very friendly town & the locals are very generous to tourists. You have to stay here if you're considering a trip to the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alaska2011

Reviewed November 12, 2010

My dad and I stayed at the Dome Home in August and truly loved it! Ann and Terry are so warm and welcoming! From the moment you book the reservation, they provide you with a lot help regarding booking Denali tours, weather, and other vaulable info. Once you arrive they provide you such personalized, exceptional service! The made-to-order breakfasts are a fantastic way to start the day.. Terry is a fabulous chef! Even had homemade blueberry syrup to go with the pancakes/French toast! The tea and hot chocolate selection is unbeatable as is the video collection (everything from sightseeing guidance, to blockbusters, to children's entertainment). The room we stayed is was just lovely.. a double bed and a single bed.. just perfect for my Dad and I with an attached bathroom I was a bit hesitant when I learned online that it was a standup shower and expected something small, but was quite the opposite and in fact was the ideal shower for my elderly Dad. The website says we might see wildlife outside the windows but never really thought we would. Ended up seeing the largest moose I have ever seen! It walked right up to the picture windows in the living room and hung out for 15-20 mins! Took several great pics! When I booked originally, I made a reservation for two nights at the Dome Home and one night at the Princess Denali just to be able to experience both. Wish I hadn't done so.. would have rather stayed at the Dome Home for longer! Was truly a memorable experience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank NickRock
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We are lodge owners in Alaska's Mat-Su Valley. Tourists booking with us often ask for recommendations on places to stay in the Denali Park area. We decided to check out some accommodations for ourselves in that area this spring. Arriving unannounced at the Dome Home one evening, we were cordially invited inside and were asked to join them for dinner. Terry was cooking beer battered halibut, and it was by far the best we had ever tasted! It was very obvious that Terry and Ann enjoy meeting new people and immediately made us feel at home. We had heard good reports on the Dome Home from some of our guests that had stayed there, but it was good to confirm this ourselves - and we were not disappointed. The home is immaculate, nicely decorated, and the grounds around the home were meticulously manicured. All of the bedrooms had their own private baths - a real plus for most B&B guests, and once again displayed tasteful decor. Terry and Ann are also very knowledgeable about the area and are a great source of information. They love what they do, and it really shows. We will definitely recommend this B&B to our guests venturing to Denali National Park.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank yourhostsAlaska
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We just returned from our weekend in Denali for the road lottery. Although we had a great day in Denali Park, I would say that we had a better time at the B&B. I am usually reserved and prefer the privacy and seclusion only found in a hotel, but this B&B has really turned me around. The dome home is absolutely wonderful with an authentic Alaskan decor. And breakfast was all that you wanted and more, with eggs to order, french toast, and possibly the freshest fruit in Alaska. And talk about hospitality! After a few days, we came away feeling as though we have made friends for life. By the time we left, we had decided to return to the Denali Dome Home this winter and spend some quality time at the B&B and visiting with Ann and Terry.

1  Thank bigdogbuck
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We received a basement room after arrival without notice before. In their lodging description basement rooms are not mentioned. No ventilation or window in bathroom. 190 US-$ for such a room is not worth doing it. Clarify the room situation when booking.
And host Terry pretends to be a tough guy which looks pretty strange.

3  Thank Knuddel49
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Our group was my daugter and her son-in-law, a family friend and myself. We only could stay one night due to our schedule and their availability, but we were so glad we got to stay atleast one night. The hosts were awesome. The room was great, the bathroom was a great size. But....the breakfast was the best we had at any place we stayed. We will definately stay here again if we visit Denali again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MomP77
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My wife & I stayed at the Dome for 3 nights during our recent trip to Alaska. Ann & Terry are great hosts, they do an excellent job of giving great information but also giving guests appropriate space and privacy. The home is impeccably clean, and decorated with great Alaskan art and hunting trophies. There are many extra touches like books about
Alaska left on beds, and plenty of movies/reading material/etc all over the B&B.
Neither I or my wife are huge breakfast eaters, but there was a very nice spread every morning including cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, juices and then cooked to order breakfasts (I believe the choices were eggs, pancakes, or french toast). Other guests seemed very happy with the full breakfast.
Terry must have taken a mental note of my interest in the local wildlife as he went out of his way to tell me when there were moose sighted in the neighborhood, and also knocked on our door one morning when the resident red fox was sighted in his backyard. That was a nice touch that was truly appreciated.
Lastly, as an idea of how thoughtful Terry & Ann are...my wife left behind a pair of socks (the extra fluffy slipper socks type), and The Millers arranged to have it brought up to Fairbanks, as they knew were we were staying on our next stop. That was above and beyond!
We would surely stay with the Millers again if we're lucky enough to be back in the Denali area in the future.

1  Thank yojosh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healy
McKinley Chalet Resort
Denali Bluffs Hotel
#3 of 6 in McKinley Village
Denali Touch Of Wilderness Bed and Breakfast Inn
Motel Nord Haven Aurora Denali Lodge

Been to Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!