Aspen Haus Bed and Breakfast
$179
$199
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
$175
$169
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
$278
  • Restaurant
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
$329
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
$279
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
$170
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbirch cabincoffee potfront porchpark entrancesmall refrigeratornice cabinlocation is greatthree nightstwo couplesshort driveoff the beaten pathspent two nightstedsuitealdermilesstate
Reviewed September 9, 2007

A very nice clean, cozy and roomy cabin 12 miles north of the entrance to Denali National Park. The private cabins were quality built by the owner and are seperated from the main home. Plenty of breakfast foods in the frig including fresh homemade breads and cakes. This B & B is highly recommended. Email goldvsmith@comcast.net for questions.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Goldvsmith
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed at the Spruce cabin and had a wonderful time in the Denali/Healy area. Ann Marie was a wonderful hostess (she even let us her Milepost when we told her that we planned to go to Fairbannks for a day!), and provided us with breakfast materials in our room, which included a freshly baked good, cereal, coffee, milk, orange juice and toast (bagels one morning). This was more than adequate for us. Our room was spotless and pleasantly decorated. We also had a small porch with chairs, where we enjoyed our breakfasts.
My ONLY gripe is that we, as computer, television and video game addicts, would have appreciated having a TV with a decent selection of channels. To be fair, Ann Marie had a few rotating tiny TVs that received a couple of local channels (of course, we took one) and offered us a few of her DVD's. I would definitely recommend Aspen Haus to anyone looking for lodging around Denali.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynnhsu
Reviewed August 20, 2007

The perfect place to end our Alaskan adventure. Real Alaska at it's finest. Our hostess was wonderful and the baked goods for breakfast devine! Each cabin had it's own little porch. You are in the middle of nowhere, it is very serene. The cabins had refrigerator, microwaves, coffee pot and all the fixin's for breakfast (cereal, milk, etc.) No TV or phones but that is not why you are here!

HIghly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My travelling companion and I were eagerly looking forward to our stay in a nice little cabin at AspenHaus. We were very disappointed.

First, we got moved to one of their "suites". No one was there to greet us. We did arrive later than we had planned; however, we did call, and the owner told us she would be there at 830P. We arrived at 930P..all was dark in the main house, but there was a note on the door telling us where to go. We were assigned to one of their suites, with a terrible view of the clutter around the house and parking area. Welcome to Alaska. UGH It looked like a junkyard around there.

The "suite" was a large room with queen bed which was comfortable; also there were two twin beds. There was also a table with 2 chairs, a galley type kitchen and a small refrig and a small bathroom. It was clean. It was very poorly equiped.

No ice in the refrig and nowhere to get it. I eventually saw the owner come in, and I went down to the main house and asked if I could get some ice. You would have thought I had asked for a massage and a pedicure......he glared at me and said "maybe" we have a little bit. I was appalled.

This wonderful food we were supposed to get wasn't wonderful and it wasn't always homemade. One morning we got english muffins. The food was always wrapped up in saran wrap on two small plates.....and who knows how old it was when we got it.

At virtually NO time did the lady of the house come to meet or greet us. So much for warm hospitality at a B & B. I did meander over to the house on my last night there and asked if they had wireless capability. The grandmother answered the door; she knew very little.....and eventually I guess it was the owner who finally showed her face to say no they did not have it. But did she once ask my name, asked if i had enjoyed my visit, asked if there was anything we needed? Did she introduce herself? No.

The previous poster was right on regarding the soaps, etc. We had a roll of paper towels with maybe 6 squares on it. When I requested a new roll, another big heave from the male owner, like I had asked for the moon. We also had one bar of small soap, and I believe there was one little bottle of shampoo that had probably been left there by another traveller. Based on what I saw, the owners need to take a lesson on small issues like soaps, shampoos, more than one towel.

The worst was one afternoon, we were exhausted and wanted to take a nap. Oh no, that was impossible, because they were in the process of building yet another cabin or some such thing, and their carpenters banged and banged and sawed away for three hours.

I was never so happy to get out of a place in my life. Somehow Motel 6 is looking like the Ritz to me now.

I am a travel agent, and I am admittedly critical. But I also love B&B properties, and I choose them over larger hotels when I have the option. This is the worst one in which I have ever stayed, and I would not recommend it to anyone. The owners need to learn about meet and greet graciousness, neatness, friendliness, and proper outfitting of a "suite". This came nowhere close sorry to say.

I have no pictures. The place was a dump. I used my film on the beautiful scenery in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank cecebonita
Reviewed August 5, 2007

Small, single room, log cabin like structure. There were a handful of other, similar cabins. They all looked to be almost new and ours was very clean. Queen size bed was comfortable and clean. Bathroom was small but clean and adequate. Tiny, single bar of soap provided was pitiful for a two night stay.

Small homemade baked items provided in our room daily were tasty. No fresh fruit provided.

Small counter with two wooden stools holds coffee pot, toaster, condiments, etc. and is quite narrow for trying to sit at and dine. Only other seating is a small, very low couch that would be difficult to sit on to eat. No TV or W-Fi and I did not see any picnic type area or a grill.

The outside ambiance does not match the new, clean cabin. All parking and drive areas are rocky, dirt road as is the property access for about the last half mile. High weeds and trashy looking grounds with at least one abandoned vehicle full of whatever. Excess lumber, firewood and various discarded items were very evident. No spot outside to sit and see a view with only a very narrow, not particularly comfortable, front porch with two lawn chairs. The location offers little of interest other than the 10 mile proximity to Denali.

If you do not plan to spend much time here, the cabin is acceptable as very clean sleeping accomodations but it offers little or no interaction with the owners or other guests as other bed and breakfasts often do.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family