Ridgetop Cabins
$220
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
$169
  • Restaurant
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
$278
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
$329
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
$279
Hotwire.com
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
$170
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We rented two of their two-bedroom cabins for three nights while viting Denali. Perfect choice. Yes, the driveway is long, but don't be put off by it ! We had a 14 passenger van and there was definitely no problem. The hosts are wonderful and even got a crib for an infant we were travelling with. Very clean, great little kitchen areas. Perfect for a family of 4 or 6 (there is a futon in the living room). Perfect little hide-away on the top of a hill. Would definitely stay here again - and would recommend it to anyone !

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ja45
Reviewed July 8, 2007

My wife and I ventured to Alaska for the 1st time this year. We stayed at the Sheraton and Marriott Residence Inn - as well as Ridgetop Cabins. I have to say - the initial drive going up the driveway is a bit unnerving the first time - but you'll get past the white knuckles once you've done it a couple times.

This place was the best of all the places we stayed. To say it's quiet and peaceful would be an understatement. If you're looking for solitude this is the place. The hosts are great. The cabins are VERY clean and nice. The bed could be more comfortable but I would definitely stay here again.

Close proximity to Denali - only about 20 minutes away. Good price and value.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TraveltheworldDude
ridgetop8, Owner/manager at Ridgetop Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2008

Our beds are being replaced for the 2008 season.

Reviewed July 5, 2007

My husband and I wanted to stay in a lodge or cabin, away from the "glitter gulch" area around the entrance to Denali National Park. Ridgetop fit the bill being a quick 18 miles to the north, the last mile a somewhat steep gravel road to their setting. I was a little disappointed when I got to the top that my effort was not rewarded with more of a view, but it was definitely private and quiet. I didn't even feel like I had to draw the blinds. The accomodations were pretty basic, and our bed hurt my back all 3 nights we stayed there, but we did appreciate the availability of continental breakfast food 24/7 at the main house.

We were about out of options when I booked the cabin, so I was happy to have a place to stay, but if you can afford to be choosy, there are probably other options with a little more razzle dazzle for not much more expense.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angelasseattle

When we homesteaded this hilltop we fell in love with the Spruce, Aspen and Birch trees. We tryed not to cut any trees we didn't have to in order to build our cabins. You will truely have an Alaskan experience in the woods, with many areas with great views.
Beds are being replaced in 2008.

Reviewed August 23, 2006

This was my husband's favorite B and B. The cabins are very cute and clean. My husband loved the grounds - where he found blueberrys, moose droppings and bear scat. The breakfast was your basic serve yourself continental. Nice place on the ridge for sure.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Rockyridgemama
Reviewed July 20, 2006

The cabins are at a hill top. Guests must drive through a steep dirt road with loose stones to reach the cabins. It's a challenge for cars with low ground clearance.

Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank jc7151
ridgetop8, Owner/manager at Ridgetop Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2008

When we homesteaded our 80 acres we thought we would never have a driveway; but with three years of very hard work, our own money and done completly by us, we have very good and dependable access. We also maintain our driveway regularly.

In 2008 we are replacing beds.

Thank-you for all your responses, it helps us to do as much as we can for your enjoyment of the real Alaska.