“Loved this place !!!!!”

49th State Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Healy
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether ordering a burger the size of your head, Alderwood smoked ribs that fall off the bone, or a local organic salad the food at the 49th will not disappoint. Our award winning craft beer is brewed on premises and can be enjoyed in the beer garden while playing disc golf, bocce ball, horseshoes, or bags. The 49th's outdoor concert series brings acts such as: The Wailers, Trampled by Turtles, Dark Star Orchestra, Keller Williams, Pato Banton, and Matt Lewis and the Medicine. The "Into the Wild" bus from the movie is in the garden and visitors are welcome to go aboard to see the memorabilia on display. As we are located 8 miles north of the Denali hub, we offer a local shuttle for a worry free visit.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Recommended by my B n B I stopped off here after a long day in Denali Park and had a fab couple of hours !!
Really helpful staff, I got seated around the fire pit area in the bar which was great. The server was really helpful and efficient !!! Lots of beers to choose from and a great menu.
I had two pints of beer and the Halibut n Chips which was delicious, no grease and really fresh.
The bar was buzzing, yes not the place for a quiet night but such a great atmosphere. Lots of people all having a good time.
I would really recommend this place for great food, great service and great beer. I would have returned here if I had more time.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stop here every time I make the drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks and the only regret I ever have is that I didn't budget enough time to sleep in the nearby campground.

The food is solid, if a touch more thoughtful than most, pub food and they serve what is probably the best (or second best… shout out to Tommy's in Anchorage) burger in the state. The portions are huge so consider ordering apps (bacon wrapped jalapeños anyone?) and dessert and sharing a burger… unless you just came off a week's adventure in the Park… then the portions are perfect.

The beer is adventurous and spot on… never flawed and served in proper glassware for the style. They have a killer bar with and amazing whiskey selection and horseshoes and hula hoops and various other pub games in the courtyard… add in the super cool central fireplace/bar and friendly staff and there's really nothing more to wish for.

Take an hour out of your long drive and stop here! If your a tourist, get out of Glitter Gulch in Denali and check this place out. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Impressive outside seating with fire pit, the "Into the Wild" film bus (great for pictures) and good selection of beers on tap. Parking for RVs was easy in the oversize lot. Our waiter was new as was another who walked by. Both were courteous, but clearly did not know very much about the beer or which beers were offered in a flight. Questions went unanswered.
While browsing the place, I met one of the brewers who gave me a lot of information about their brewing process and made up for the lack of beer knowledge from the wait staff.
I ordered the Alaskan Yak burger with fried onions, bacon and Gouda along with a flight/sampler of their beer. The group I was with was not shy about sharing, so I was also able to try their Bavarian handmade pretzel. Delicious!
Overall, I would rank this brew pub as my second favorite in AK and certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ate here on our second night in Healy and not only was the food good, the beer great, and the atmosphere fun, the service was also fantastic! We had dinner at a different grill in town the night before and it was such a let down, this restaurant was just a ray of sunshine! Food portions are huge and the beer goes down like water! If we didn't live in Florida, we'd eat here year round!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The bestest American food I have ever eaten. I stopped at this all American place on my way to Denali. It is located 11 miles north of the Park, in Healy, but those 11 extra miles are so worth the drive. It is usually packed but service is fast if you choose to eat at the bar.
In the backyard you can admire, if you are a fan like me , that is, the original bus used in the movie 'Into the Wild" and take your complimentary pictures.
I tried the most recommended burger, Mount Healy, and oh my God it was so huge and so yummy and the sweet potato fries that came with it just super delicious! I thought I could never eat the whole thing but I did in the end! So fulfilling and so good! Paradise!
Great value for money to boot.