“Comfortable & Clean. So glad I found this place.”

Denali Primrose Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Healy B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was very pleased with my 2-night stay at the Denali Primrose. We stayed in the downstairs room which has a small sitting room and private bath just off the bedroom. The space is comfortable, clean and quiet. I found the continental breakfast to be more than adequate to get us going in the morning. Terry put out quite a lovely breakfast spread of fruit, cereal, pastries, toast, hardboiled eggs, coffee, etcetera.

I took a look at the 3-bedroom suite and can see that this space would work well for families or small groups who do not mind sharing a bathroom. The yard surrounding the house is beautiful and we used the outside deck to do a little reading. Terry gave great directions to her place and was very helpful in making restaurant recommendations and provided tips on our visit to Denali.

Terry is a warm and welcoming host. I would highly recommend this B&B.

1  Thank Carmel_By_The_Sea_12

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Of the four places I stayed on my July trip to Alaska, I liked the Denali Primrose best. I spent two exciting but very long days at Denali National Park. In the evening, I needed a quiet place to sleep. I found it at the Primrose.

This B&B has two suites available: a larger family-sized space upstairs and a downstairs room for singles and couples. The downstairs was comfortable, with chairs in a sitting room and an interior bedroom. I wondered if there might be noise from upstairs, but the kitchen was situated between our rooms and I never heard the other guests.

Being downstairs proved advantageous, as the bedroom was a little darker than the house and aided in dimming the light for sleep. Great for a location where the sun sets at midnight!

I lucked out in finding this place. Another B&B that was undergoing repairs recommended it. The Primrose turned out to be considerably closer to the park than lodgings on Stampede Road, and the rate was the most reasonable in the area. I recommend the downstairs suite for singles and couples.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank wheninroam
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This B&B is a very good choice to explore the Denali area. It is just a 15 minutes drive to the park entrance. With Terrys description it was easy to find, a wonderful home in a quiet neighbourhood. We stayed for four nights in the downstairs suite, everything clean and comfortable. Terry is a very nice and helpful host. There was everything we needed for breakfast, fruit, cereals, bread, muffins...As always in a B&B we liked the conversation with the host and other guests.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We also had 3 nights in the downstairs suite- what luxury, and we were still able to use the main lounge as well. The outside area was very attractive but unfortunately for us, it was not really fine enough to use it. Terry works locally but keeps popping home to check all is well! The breakfasts were huge and Terry left everything in the 'fridge for us when we had an early start for the Park. She also recommended a couple of good places to eat in the evening. This was a really relaxing place to stay after our long trip from the UK.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed two nights in the downstairs area- beautiful sitting room and bathroom, one large comfy bed and an air matress for our daughter in the bedroom. T.V.,DVD.s,wonderful sheets and towels,great breakfasts. I slept like a log! Terry is a sweety!
Thanks from Cathy and Stan, Attleboro, MA and Kristin, Anchorage.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I can only enthusiastically endorse all the previous comments. We traveled for 18 days in Alaska and this was, by far, our most comfortable and relaxing stay of the trip...I've never stayed in a place on the road that felt more like home. We stayed in the roomy 3-bedroom upstairs suite. Everything in the home is immaculate and designed for comfort. Terry is a friendly, gracious hostess and makes you feel right at home. Everything you need for a hearty and healthy breakfast is provided.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed two nights at Denali Primrose for $249 including tax. You could stay in an insanely overpriced motel and have a lot less room. We had the upstairs suite, which is three (!) bedrooms -- far more than we needed -- and private bath. Continental breakfast is included, and if you are taking an early tour of Denali, Terry will set up a grab-and-go breakfast for you. Wi-fi worked well. The house is on a quiet street about 15 minutes from the park entrance. It's a nicely kept home with seating areas outdoors.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healy
McKinley Chalet Resort
#3 of 6 in McKinley Village
Motel Nord Haven Aurora Denali Lodge
Denali Touch Of Wilderness Bed and Breakfast Inn
EarthSong Lodge - Denali's Natural Retreat

Been to Denali Primrose Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!