“Don't eat here”

Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Healy
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Black Diamond Grill is located in the heart of Alaska next door to Denali National Park. We are a small Alaskan family run restaurant that loves great food and great friendly people. We are located off the beaten path with great views of the surrounding mountains and Otto Lake. We offer free roundtrip transportation from all Denali Park and Healy area locations and pride ourselves on providing you with a wonderful, special meal and experience. Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. We offer Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Box Lunches, Kids Menus, Box lunches for your daily adventures, great beer and wine list, fresh made desserts, and we also deliver. We have a very simple, clean decor and offer free mini golf for diners in our restaurant. Because we make everything from scratch we can offer very specific diet requests such as gluton free, nut free, salt free, vegetarian, or vegan. I would have to say we are not know for our speed but certainly for our friendliness and willingness and desire to please. We are a member of the State of Alaska, Alaska Grown program and love to make great specials with fresh Alaskan seafood, produce and Bison.I hope that you choose to join us for a great meal on your Alaskan Adventure.Sincerely,Marilyn UsibelliOwner
Reviewed September 17, 2015

The food here was not edible. I ordered salmon and sent it back because it was raw. But, even when it was thoroughly cooked, I was not able to eat it. The server was great and brought us a free dessert, but this was not edible either.

Reviewed September 15, 2015

Very pretty area, we were camping just down the road and we walked to the restaurant. Food was good, I has the lasagna, but the spices were odd, needed more garlic and Italian seasoning. My wife had some sort of salmon dish and said that it was good but not great. Prices were average for Denali area.

Reviewed September 15, 2015

We had breakfast here after an overnight stay in Healy. Good food, large amount, and moderately priced and the service was impeccable. Highly recommended.

1  Thank fore4me
Reviewed September 12, 2015

We wanted some good food out of our hotel and had a car and time to go out of Denali town center, which is all of a cole blocks, maybe. We were told to try Black Diamond, and are so thankful to Hank for the suggestion. It's tricky to find, so ASK for directions. It was cloudy, or scenery there and back would have been breathtaking. The restaurant was not busy at all (late in season, close to end-of-season), so the service was impeccable. friendly, attentive staff, who made it a real pleasure to dine. I had Salmon, and my husband had Halibut. Both were fresh, tasty, and preceded by a excellent salad. We were not going to do dessert, but couldn't resist the peanut butter frozen dessert. It was more like PB Cream Cheese pie, and we split one - still couldn't finish it. Two days later, I finished it off, even though it wasn't refrigerated. Tasted wonderful (of course it was very cool while we were there :-).

1  Thank Janet B
Reviewed September 11, 2015

We found the Black Diamond Grill because it happened to be right next to where we were staying. We felt like we lucked out. We went there for dinner one night, and had the salmon, and it was very good. The serving staff was friendly and attentive. We also ordered a box lunch to take on our bus tour through Denali the following day. The box lunch wasn't bad. We had the grilled chicken sandwiches, and it came with a couple of sides. It definitely filled us up, and was very convenient since we were just staying next door. While it might make sense for others to pick up a box lunch at Subway, the Black Diamond was more convenient for us, plus they offered non-lunch meat sandwiches, which was important to us since I am pregnant and needed a different alternative.

1  Thank naturegirl94