“Black Diamond Golfing....”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Black Diamond Golfing....”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went along with my husband and friend that we met in Denali the last Wednesday in July. It was such a wonderful experience. Hole 6 was a little difficult but they really enjoyed it. Stefan (he kept checking on us to see if we needed anything else) was truly a wonderful employee and assett to Black Diamond. It was so fun to tell everyone that we were still out at the golf course at 11:00 at night. The mountains surrounding the course are truly beautiful. This resort also has horseback riding and a beach. We would definitely do this again! Thanks to Black Diamond for making it such a memorable night!

1 Thank nan307

Elgin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Didn't Add Value to My Alaskan Vacation”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This excursion sounded so quaint and fun that we looked forward to it with anticipation. The confusion in their office regarding our reservations and pick-up at our hotel should have served as an omen. We were about 30 minutes late getting picked up, but they told us that we had not missed too much of our tour. Actually, as it turned out, we didn't miss any of it.

The breakfast cookies they greeted us with were delicious. Our tour guide was quite chatty, so between focusing on her face while she talked and not seeing through the cover of the wagon (we did know in advance it would be a covered wagon), I missed most of the scenery traveling "through the Alaskan tundra." We became amused because Nick, our driver of the horses, continually talked to them in the background. The horses named Dan and Dick were beautiful horses, but in the background of our guide's monologue, Nick continually said, "Come on, Dick! Come on, Dick!" Apparently Dick was the troublemaker horse. We have laughed about that so many times since then.

What was most disappointing on this tour was the meal served in the cabin. The description says that "you will indulge in the culinary excellence." Are you kidding me? It was really an insult to our intelligence. The "homemade pastries" were not homemade by any stretch of the imagination. Pre-frozen cinnamon rolls warmed up. Pre-frozen biscuits for the gravy. "Fresh eggs made to order." We were brought out a plate of scrambled eggs. My husband asked if there were eggs made to order. "No" was the response. The tour guide later told us that everybody in Alaska uses powdered eggs because of the price of real eggs. I already had not eaten any of the eggs because they did not look authentic. My husband said they were definitely powdered. The entire meal seemed like it was institutional food.

We did receive a cute little souvenir pin at the end. I would say the tour is not worth the time nor the money.

2 Thank Cheryll D
Greensboro, North Carolina
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Horse Drawn Covered Wagon Tour”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

An old wagon trail ride in nearby Denali was great. It was very bumpy and many guests were not ready for that aspect of the tour. You have to flow with the sway of the wagon. Our guides talked a little about the area and chatted about anything else that came up. We had Nicole and Antony which were great. We arrived at our camp for a family style dinner. We had chicken, ribs, fish, cole slaw, pasta, biscuits, corn, and wine. There so some must food and we never felt rushed, mainly because there wasn’t an 2nd booking for the day. Everything was amazing expect the fish, it was overdone and tasteless. We then headed back and end the day. The Horses were great. The weather was perfect and I really enjoyed this adventure. Got to see a moose walking about, her name was Larry.

Only dislike was being picked up at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge and there were too many people to fit on the bus. The driver just left the bus running and we became overwhelmed by the gas fumes coming inside the bus for 15 minutes. I think they should have known the count of guest for the day.

Princess Cruise Tour June 4-15 Southbound

Visited June 2013
California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Highlight of my vacation”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went on the covered wagon tour, 8pm. The best views on my week vacation in Alaska, the guide was knowlegable and entertaining, the meal was excellent. I enjoyed the horses, Isaac and Gus and it gives you an idea of how difficult it must of been for the pioneers who traveled west in such a wagon minus the rubber tires and padded seats. There were mosquitos but that is just part of the alaska experience. Dress appropriately or bring bug repellant. I highly recommend this tour.

mco
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“ATV, side by side tour was tame, but fun...”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Kids would have liked more of a wild ride.. it was pretty calm and slow! The guide was safe and up on his Alaska history...