“It was just awesome”

and up
Alaskan Back Country Side by Side ATV Adventure with Meal
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Healy
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My fiance and I were in Alaska last summer and were looking for something realy fun to do. we came across a commercial of black diamond at the hotel we were. we thought the atv tour would not be a bad idea and trust it was great! the food was fantastic and oh i love the hot chocolate! we took the evening tour and were really excited to see a mother moose and her baby...we were served chicken, pasta salad, ribs, patatoe salad, corn, honestly i cannot mention all plus they had assorted wine and drinks.the tour guides and servers are the best! black diamond is just the perfect place to experience the wild side of Alaska

3  Thank Jamie Y
"food was fantastic"
"eggs"
"knowledgeable guide"

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Last summer I was on a trip in Alaska with friens and we spend few days around Denali Park. We try most of the tours there, but the ATV tour at Black Diamond was really amazing. They have really nice guides who tell us a lot of interesting thing about Alaska, the menu in the restaurant is delicious, also there is a 9 hole colf coure where you can play at midnight
(this is unforgettable ). At all I can say that if I came back to Alaska will definitely visit Black Diamond again

1  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I am on here getting ready to book our 2nd trip to Alaska! It is just so big and so much to see you can't see everything in 1 trip! One thing I have learned about Alaska is you can't come for the weather wich proved true on our trip, my husband and I booked the ATV tour with Black Diamond and unfortunately the weather was uncooperative and it was pouring rain! I didn't want to go play in the rain but when the shuttle arrived and after talking with the bus driver he explained that they had rain gear for us to use and that we would go out get covered in mud and then take it off! My husband was all for it I was not going for it so the shuttle driver made a phone call to black diamond before we left the hotel and informed me that I could go on a covered wagon ride instead and not get soaked! It was so much fun my wagon guide a girl native to alaska (only one I met the whole trip) was extremely knowledgeable and was happy to tell us how people survive Alaska in the winter! The food was amazing and plenty of it! Ribs chicken steak cobbler oh and unlimited wine at no extra cost! When we got back from the wagon ride I seen my husband and the other atv riders walking back in completely covered in mud and I was dreading having to deal with his muddy clothes but once he had the rain gear off I couldn't tell that he was even muddy before! Except for the mud on his face wich he wore like a badge of honor I even found out that they got to see a moose! We will definatly be stopping at Black Diamond on our trip to Alaska this summer and I may even be riding ATV with or without the Rain!

1  Thank Kenzie2011
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is a small family business, that was run by local people that actually live in the area...not just summer employees that don't know much about the area. The people were friendly and informative, and could give a point of view of the area that was not available anywhere else. In a corporate area these are the only real people making a living. Different but rewarding in every possible way, from questions about the area in every season, to a simple delicious and accommodating meal, be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A MUST SEE AND DO. Many options from mini golf to back country adventure, for the novice or the expert, really...everyone can have fun here!!!