Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
FindHotel
Agoda.com
All reviews bear watching once in a lifetime bucket list crescent lake fire pit halibut black beans cove glacier hike adventure otters dock lodge homer alaska luxury
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed November 17, 2017

Our family had the adventure of a lifetime exploring Alaska this summer. The Still Pointe lodge was the highlight of our trip. From the cabin overlooking the harbor with friendly seals to the dinners at the lodge everything was beyond perfect. We fished, hiked, glacier kayaked, bear viewed and tide pool explored. The meals where fresh, healthy and amazing. We can not wait to return.

Room tip: As a family we had a two bedroom cabin.
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 761jannak
AKStillpointLodge, General Manager at Stillpoint Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Janna,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We're pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed so many features of your stay with us... you took advantage of a great variety of activities during the long, long days of your Alaska summer getaway. It was a pleasure to host such a high-energy, loving family. Hope we do get to see you again soon for more adventures together!

Warmly,

JT, Beka, Lucas and the rest of the staff

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I have worked in the hotel and lodging industry for over 30 years. You will not have a more enjoyable vacation than at Stillpoint Lodge. It is like no other place on earth. The staff is second to none. The food, which is all local with the beautiful Chef's Garden I've seen is outstanding. We look forward to returning to Stillpoint Lodge someday!!!

Room tip: After sleeping in Stillpoint Lodge's beds, you will want the same bedding for your home. WE DID!!!
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Mike K

Thank you for taking time to rate rate us and write a review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that your positive comments will encourage others to book a package and take advantage of our hospitality, adventures, and fresh, local cuisine! Maybe your next stay with us is just around the corner? Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Our Best Wishes,

JT, Beka, Lucas and the rest of the staff

Reviewed January 18, 2017

I have lived and traveled all over Alaska for 33 years. Halibut Cove is a magical place and a rare find. Having a a five star lodge makes it possible for unique luxury experience in a magical place. If you have 3 to 5 days and you want to do world class luxury adventure this is the place.
Enjoy!
Steve

Room tip: high quality cabins with running water and bathrooms, showers.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Petrovich441
AKStillpointLodge, General Manager at Stillpoint Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Steve,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Stillpoint Lodge. It was lovely to get to spend several days with you... and that you enjoyed your stay with us. So glad that you were both able to get up into the mountains with the helicopter. It is a phenomenal way to see more of this magical area and access an exclusive destination for unforgettable adventure. We appreciate you helping to spread the word about the lodge and our offerings. Halibut Cove is a rare find indeed.
Warmest Regards,
Beka

Reviewed November 15, 2016

Where do I begin? I always thought this may be the highlight of my five week vacation to Alaska. Yes, it is luxury and it is pricey. Those were the opinions I had before I came here. To see everything all-inclusive and how every single person on the staff treats you like family. Well, in my opinion it is worth the price. There are many ways to get here either by boat where the staff picks you up or even by private helicopter or even a boatplane. I took the boat options from Stillpoint and Halibut COve is about ten miles from Homer. As we got further into Halibut Cove, I knew this was a special place. Seeing otters, lots of birds and it was great having the wind whip at my cheeks. We were met at the harbor by the staff. A few minutes later a large party came in by floatplane. I could tell the party was already started.

Words can never describe the true beauty of this place. I mentioned it was all-inclusive and that includes everything. Drinks (happy hours), meals, tour guides for various activities. There are so many wonderful employees here and i apologize for leaving anyone out that I interacted with. Beka, JT, the wonderful owners, my wonderful tour guide (who i feel awful for not remembering her name), the incredible culinary staff. Just to name a few. Everyone there was absolutely incredible.

So much to do and see. All the cabins are secluded. This resort is more environmentally-friendly than any I have ever stayed in. Each and every plant and flower in the beautiful gardens are edible, and used in meals. I loved that all the food was organic. And trust me here the meals are to die for. From smoked black cod, fresh wild Alaska salmon to name a few and wine paired with all the dishes. How can this be in the Alaskan wilderness. There literally is something for everyone from hiking, boating, kayaking yoga, massages, fishing, meditation walk in the labyrinth, hot tub. There is a great fire pit where guests can continue the fun after dinner with songs, s'mores and great conversation.

The ability to hike, kayak and see icebergs is something that does not come around often. To feel the chill in the air as the temperature drops as one reaches Glacier lake. To spend a few hours at high tide just kayaking around Oyster Bay is a memory that will forever be etched in my brain. To wake up in the morning and see a bald eagle sitting on top of a tree looking at me was breathtaking.

I met the most gregarious and fun person while there. He and his co-worker came late on the first night I was there. They spent the day bear watching. And I am telling you the smile never left his face. I guess also working for National Geographic made it even better for him.

I truly believe this is a wonderful place for companies to hold conferences, for weddings, I can see how events such as spiritual conferences are held here, writing conferences or for those who just want to get away even if it is just for a few days.

Part of my is envious of those who are able to spend a summer here working. My only regret was not staying longer. I came at the end of the season where the weather was a bit cooler. Next time I want to come earlier in the summer and have a longer stay. In my opinion this is a slice of heaven and was the highlight of my trip. That is saying something since I did the 7 day inside passage cruise, went up to the Artic ocean on a tour, spent a week in Denali National Park, spending a few days in Kantishna. Even driving from Denali to Homer, and the Seward highway route is one I would suggest others to see as well. The thoughts of staying here for 6 or 7 days would blow me away with all there would be to do. My goal is to come back next summer. I cannot recommend this place enough. I wish I could of taken the culinary staff back home to cook for me.

Room tip: All the cabins are wonderful and secluded
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank johnrG3825QJ
AKStillpointLodge, General Manager at Stillpoint Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

John,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We love to read, re-read and share the passionate description of your stay with us. You were lucky to get in on our last weekend of the season... it was really a lot of fun to share with you and everyone who was there!
We look forward to booking your stay with us next summer! We're excited about adding sailing to our list of offerings next season, and hope that you can take advantage of this and more during your week with us. How about a cooking class so you can take home some of our culinary skills when you return home?
I count myself lucky everyday to get to live and work in this Alaskan paradise, thank you for acknowledging our wonderful staff, I will pass it along.

All my best,
Beka Thoning

Reviewed October 6, 2016

For those travelers seeking an authentic experience, this is the place! A luxurious off the beaten track gem! We arrived at Stillpoint Lodge via water plane, a great opportunity to see the glaciers from up close, we were even fortunate enough to spot a couple of bears. Arriving at Stillpoint, the staff and management were waiting to welcome us with welcome drinks and real Alaskan hospitality! From the first moment it felt like we were visiting family rather than paid guests! Set between lush forests and a lake, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. Besides offering amazing hikes, kayaking and fishing there is also a spa on-site, labyrinth, meditation room and yoga. And then the food! It is a culinary celebration! As with any property, it is the team that really adds the touches to your stay, the Still Point team got customer service down to the Tee! Thanks Beka, Lukas and team for sharing your world with us!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank charms2
StillpointLodgeHC, General Manager at Stillpoint Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016

Charmaine,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We take guest feedback seriously and appreciate your specific comments. We are so fortunate to get to live and work in this amazing place and our goal is to share our passion for this place with others, like you! From the moment you step off the float plane, you're part of our family... Alaska has so much to offer, and Stillpoint has it all... From the adventure to the scenery, from local guides to friendly staff, from sustainable tourism to ecological stewardship, from health and wellness to the lively happy hour and organic food... I love your quote, "It is a culinary celebration!"

We look forward to your next visit... and hope that you can bring your family, too! Stillpoint is the perfect location for a tailor-made family holiday. You'll have to try another one of our adventures next time... Heli-surfing? Stand-Up Paddleboarding?

With Gratitude,