TripAdvisor
Halibut Cove
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews alaskan wilderness hot tub glacier adventure lodge homer bear comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2015

Stillpoint Lodge is one of the most magical places I have visited: from the moment I stepped on the dock I felt like I could breathe easier. Jan and Jim, the owners, and passionate about providing enjoyment and committed service, which I would say is the highlight of this paradise. The cabins are charming and quaint, the garden is impressive and provides for much of the incredible, sustainable dining, and the views are unbelievable. Kayaks are available for use at any time, but the crew will take you anywhere in Kachemak bay if need be. But there really is no reason to leave the lodge, paths, and still splendor that encompasses the grounds of Stillpoint.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Managing_Member, Manager at Stillpoint Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2015

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. The atmosphere we've created is designed to help our guests feel at ease, and we're glad you agree. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit!

Reviewed August 12, 2015

Stillpoint is a magical place!. Each cabin has it's own charm and view. The food and service is incredible. You can get a massage, walk a labyrinth, kayak, hike or watch the eagles. A quiet and relaxing setting.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate your review. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2014 via mobile

I have to say the healthy and delicious meals rival any retreat center anywhere! I felt absolutely spoiled and well nourished on many levels.
The owner Jan and the manager Beka were both contentious and caring and went out of their way to accommodate my needs.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank PaulaLPC
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stillpoint has to be seen to be believed. The location is absolutely gorgeous, on a peninsula in a quiet cove surrounded by mountains. Stillpoint has workshops, retreats, and is available to groups for conferences, meetings, weddings. The main Lodge is very spacious, simply beautiful, with huge glass windows to take advantage of the beautiful views, comfortable furniture, showers and bathroom facilities and a professional kitchen. Each cabin is beautifully furnished and takes advantage of a view from one of the sides of the property.There are also kayaks available. THere is a large deck with chairs with views of both end of the cove. I have stayed in the cozy, fully furnished, self service Hermitage Cabin, usually for a week, for about 10 years. It is one of my favorite places in the world to stay. The Thurstons, who own and built this fabulous property as a labor of love, are wonderful people and their staff is outstanding.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Carol J
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights at Stillpoint Lodge for a Mindful Writer's Workshop. The lodge is on top of a hill with fantastic views and the grounds are a combination of rustic Alaskan wilderness with manicured vegetable/flower gardens. Everything was spotlessly clean and the staff were attentive. There was even an extremely friendly lodge cat
There was plenty of space between cabins so privacy was not a question.
It is true wilderness in that there was no running water in the cabins. However, they had the most wonderful compost toilet that didn't have a bad odor. Showers were done in the main lodge. This is Alaska after all.
The manager's husband is the boat captain, kayak and hiking guide and resident naturalist/historian. I had a magnificent time and would like to return.

Room tip: I stayed in Overview North which was good. However, Overview South had a much better view.
Date of stay: June 2014