“Awesome place”

and 1 more site!
Beach Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Haines
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in Cabin 2 over the weekend of the SE Alaska State Fair. The only thing that was a bit off was the lightness of the cabin, as it had vertical blinds that didn't darken the room, however we are early risers, so not too put off by it. We loved the location, it was so peaceful and beautiful. The owners, staff and the pets are great. I would stay here again!

1  Thank T T
There are newer reviews for Beach Roadhouse

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed in cabin #1 for one night. It was OK. Nothing special, but clean. Nice view out the window. Looks like the main lodge is getting a make over and this could be a really neat place to stay when they finish. I would probably stay here again if in Haines. The owner who checked us in seemed very nice.

4  Thank HoneyBear22
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is one of the best value accommodations in Haines, owned by a young couple (and their daughter as housekeeping). The owner is really kind, answered immediately all our needs, when we asked about laundry he just took it from us and put in their machine… They are still building it, but it’s already nice, comfortable, and in really reasonable price (~125$). We took the rooms, they are spacious although the internal organization is not optimal (spacious room but also no space for kitchenette use; spacious bathroom but not enough space for your stuff – a simple shelf would resolve it).
Bottom line: great value!

(If you’ve found this review helpful, you can let me and others know it by clicking the green Yes below)

6  Thank Avi O
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our room (number 2) was very comfy. Nicely set up kitchenette with the makings for coffee. In the woods to the extent that a brown bear had been sighted nearby. I would happily stay here again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madwriter
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I am a soldier deployed to Afghanistan currently, I called the Beach Roadhouse from my FOB (Forward Operating Base) to make our reservations. I spoke to the owners and they couldn't have been more helpful to me than what they were. They understood my situation being deployed and trying to get things in order to transfer out of Alaska. The owners were very professional and treated me like I was some type of royalty. If you have an opportunity to stay at the Beach Roadhouse I would highly recommend that you do. However it will be a few more months before we actually stay that the hotel my first impressions were way more than I expected. Please disregard the dates I had to place something in the "When did you travel"

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Beach Roadhouse was a great place to stay! Cabin 1 has an great view and the staff was very friendly. Checking in was a tad difficult but was quickly resolved. If you are looking for a place with constant staff presence - this is not the place. If you want something quiet and cozy - Beach Roadhouse is your place. Thanks Amber!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jesse-Jessica
Reviewed December 12, 2011

After a long, cold, wintery drive from Fairbanks, it was a treat to stay here for the night. The owners are friendly, relaxed, and were kind enough to extend my stay thru the day while I waited for the ferry. The cabin is very nice, clean, warm,private, and has everything I need. The roadhouse is tucked into the woods and overlooks the water-a beautiful setting. Just a few minutes drive from town, its a great place to stay!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haines
Halsingland Hotel
House No. 1 Fort Seward B&B
Historic Skagway Inn
Historic Skagway Inn
#3 of 5 in Skagway

Been to Beach Roadhouse? Share your experiences!