All reviewshot tubbreakfast was deliciousking bedroommemorable staydon t missan incredible experienceonce in a lifetimeinside passagestayed two nightsmikeyhostesssuedogbalconyviewalaskahouse
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

The Cliffhanger BnB is an incredible experience! Taking in the view of Haines, the mountains and ocean is one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments. Our room and breakfast were all first rate. We're grateful to Sue for going out of her way to make a special occasion for us memorable. Her hospitality, fascinating stories, local tips and warm personality make this a stay we'll never forget. I would highly recommend this outstanding BnB!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Sue W, Owner at Cliffhanger B and B, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Such kind words, thank you! And also for entrusting me to host your special occasion ... truly a memorable and enjoyable event for all of us here The Cliffhanger. Hosting your stay was a pleasure, please come back!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We were visiting relatives in Haines and fortunately stayed at Cliffhanger. Accommodations were first rate, and views from deck (& hot-tub) are the best in Haines.

Our host could not have made us feel any more at home and breakfast was delicious. She will make whatever you want!

If you are in Haines, AK for any reason, make Cliffhanger your home away from home.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francis D
cliffhanger_bnb, Owner at Cliffhanger B and B, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights on Trip Advisor. Making my home - your home away from home is a goal I try to achieve for each of my guests. Truly appreciate your kind words and hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Cliffhanger again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Enjoyed a one night stay at the Cliffhanger.
Amazing place to stay
Susie is a great host.Breakfast was delicious and made by Susie.
Wiley her dog is a lovely character,
view from balcony of house is amazing and views across all of Haines.
Great view also from bedroom and lovely place to unwind.
Thankyou

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
cliffhanger_bnb, Owner at Cliffhanger B and B, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Thank very much for sharing your travel experience with others here on Trip Advisor. The fact that you call your stay "amazing" along with such complimentary words for myself and "Wiley" really means alot to us (me)! Thank you, and should you find yourself in Haines once again, please come back!

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Stayed at The Cliffhanger year before last and we still talk about how wonderful it was. Sue is a gracious hostess and outstanding cook. She probably has the most gorgeous view of any private residence in all of Alaska. We are so grateful she shared her home with us.

Room Tip: Room is very private!!
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BriggsFancy

So happy to hear that the wonderful memories of your stay at The Cliffhanger remain with you so long after your visit. Your kind words are sincerely appreciated and should you find yourself in Haines anytime soon, I'd be happy to share my home (and gorgeous views!) with you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

My husband and I stayed with Sue in September 2017 for 2 nights while on our adventure travelling through the Yukon and Alaska. Everything was first class in every sense. The king bedroom the breakfast the hot tub the views the host Sue and the friendly atmosphere could not be bettered anywhere. We travelled this area for 21 days and without any doubt this was the most memorable stay we had through out our trip.The journey upto the Cliffhanger could be said to be ‘different’ but its well worth the trip. We would recommend this B&B without any reservation to anyone visiting Haines.
Thanks Sue for making our stay so memorable.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
cliffhanger_bnb, Owner at Cliffhanger B and B, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you, thank you for taking the time for your review of The Cliffhanger ... your kind words are the highest compliment I could ever expect to receive. Truly it was a pleasure to host your stay, and I hope to find you and your husband on my doorstep again soon!