“I didn't want to leave!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Haines
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I didn't want to leave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

If you are an animal lover you will be on cloud nine, if you are Not a animal lover the education and experience will amaze you..... if not convert you. Steve and his co-workers are passionate guardians to the wonderful creatures at the centre. Their commitment is clear in the knowledge they convey and in the way the animals interact with them.There was never a dull moment on our tour with Steve and Rocky August 23, 2012. This tour is well worth the money and more, they even protected us from the mosquitos
The tour was via princes cruises. The actual time at the centre was about 2 hours although it seamed like 20 mins. The centre is on a little hill so no heels, benches for sitting and bathrooms on site. Don't forget your camera....you'll kick yourself for not having proof of your experience. When it comes to saying what my favourite thing about the centre was I am speechless, I loved every second and would go back in a heartbeat. I also enjoyed the bus ride with Tom who told us interesting tidbits of Alaska, Haines and shared a loved of Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta. This place rocks...take the tour!!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Canuckrunamuck

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“We still talk about it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Visited Steve's Wildlife Center in 2008 and we still talk about it. We spent a month in Alaska and it was at the top of our favorites list. Kitty was just a little cub then. But what I remember most was the Timber wolf. I would NOT want to meet that guy at night in the forest. Excellent and a must see when you are near Haines.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank R Bruce B
Seattle
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What the other reviewers say is true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm so glad I saw this on TripAdvisor before our Alaska cruise. We only booked 1 organized tour and it was Kroschel Films Wildlife Center-I think we got great value for money. The fast ferry from Skagway to Haines included interesting commentary, then we got on the bus with Tom, who also had interesting things to tell us as he drove. Tom was on one of the episodes of the reality TV show Gold Rush Alaska, so feel free to tell him you recognize him. The real fun was at the Wildlife Center, where we were met by Mario with a beautiful red-tailed hawk. Steve, Mario and Rocky took us around to see the animals (wolf, lynx, grizzly, red foxes, arctic fox, weasels, mink, pine marten, porcupine, baby moose, grown up moose, caribou, and of course the wolverine). I really wanted to see the wolverine because I've never seen one in the flesh. How amazing that Steve can cuddle it! Steve and Mario have enough showmanship to keep the tour entertaining, but their sincerity and commitment to the animals shines through (like raising an orphaned baby weasel in your shirt pocket or letting a sleepy porcupine wake up slowly-well, maybe you always let a sleepy porcupine wake up on its own schedule). Anyway, we really enjoyed this tour.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Andiamo88
Elk Grove, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Alaskan Animals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great Alaskan animals to view up close. Best animals are the badger, the wolf, the reindeer and the ladies kissing the big old moose.
Great guys, they have a fun program.
The walk is up hill and uneven but not to difficult.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank David S
Sacramento, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Up close and personal with wildlife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

WOW, I travel quite a bit and love to see the sights. Wildlife is always of interest to me. I booked this tour through my Princess cruise shore excursions. I usually try to do things on my own, but this one intrigued me so much, I had to try it (plus, I had checked out the other reviews). Needless to say, I was THRILLED with this place. Steve, Mario & Rocky definitely have the right stuff going on. I couldn't believe the number of animals and how close we were able to get. Red-tailed hawk (Mario is a falconer), wolf (Isis) weasels, mink, pine marten, 45-day old baby moose (some older children got to feed the baby - they were surprised at how strong it was), 2 moose cows (got to feed bananas to them and "kiss" them), 3 or 4 reindeer, oh, and a grizzly bear named Kitty, then Banff the wolverine. I couldn't believe it when Steven came down the hill with a wolverine on a leash like a dog then he proceeded to cuddle and kiss Banff and finally massage his gums! I got fabulous video of that (saliva dripping, etc). I will do this tour each and every chance I get! They did give great information on the animals as well as assure us that they do not stay caged up all the time. They develop relationships with the animals which is how they are able to use them for film making. So, if you like wildlife, be sure to check them out. Oh, and they do have gift shops but they only take cash so be prepared ahead. Even if you aren't interested in any of the goods, donations are quite welcome. I'm sure it can't be cheap to feed a bear, wolf, moose, reindeers, etc. They do have a website so you can check that out as well. Really, I loved this experience and it was definitely one of the highlights of my 10-day cruise to Alaska!

Visited July 2012