“Breakfast”
Review of Pond Cafe

Pond Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pond Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Reviewed January 12, 2014

While we stayed at Alyeska on our ski trip we received coupons granting us credit for $20 breakfast every morning at the Pond Cafe. So of course we used them to eat every morning. The buffet they offer is pricey ($19 per person) but they offered a great selections of rotating foods that always included fruits; hot oatmeal some days and quinoa on others; pancakes, waffles, or bread pudding; breakfast meats; omelets; and some great hashes. The service was hit or miss, one gentlemen was absolutely phenomenal but some of the ladies left something to be desired. If you are staying at the resort this place is definitely worth a visit. The items on their ale cart menu is very reasonable.

1  Thank allg00dnamesaretaken

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Every time I have been here, we have had some issue that makes the experience a disappointment. One time we came and were ignored by the wait staff until we finally left hungry. This last time, the young staff was very friendly and attentive, and our food was good and was served quickly. The brewed coffee was horrible and their espresso machine was broken. I later discovered a Starbucks down the hall. This was, still, probably my best experience here yet. The food was good, yet not impressive. Small attention to detail and a bit more presentation would bring up the rating and create a more memorable experience for its guests. If it were me and a guest had wanted a latte but the machine was broken, I would have walked down the hall myself to grab one at the Starbucks for the guest, or at least mentioned it was there. THAT would have shown a great sense of service and provided a very memorable experience and turned a minus into a plus!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have only been here for breakfast and always have been very happy with our meals and service. I always order the eggs benedict Perfect!! every time. My husband likes thier omelets.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The food here was good, but the prices were very high. The buffet was $19.00 per person. A little high in my opinion. Unfortunately, it was the only restaurant serving breakfast in the hotel, so I had to eat there. I was very happy that they serve Starbucks coffee, and the food was good, just too expensive

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Alyeska for a week and we ate here 3 times in total. Kids buffet was the best deal at $10. Parents ate off the menu each morning at around $15 per each. Adult buffet was $20.

Beautiful views and very nice sized portions were what came us coming back. Service was a little slow and scattered. I think they were trying to serve too many tables with too few staff. But food was good. Our orders for the week included blueberry pancakes, salmon hash & eggs, salmon eggs benedict (my fav for the week), healthy omelette w parfait (wife's favorite).

Our alternate days we grabbed something simple at the coffee cafe near the tram entrance and we also at at the bakery down near the gas station (which i highly recommend for strudel and cinammon buns!).