2,529 results
All reviews glaciers restaurant ski resort hiking trails mountain top beautiful hotel tram ride double musky aurora bar pond cafe hot tub turnagain arm cable car ski season ski lift mountain view northern lights kenai peninsula
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Staff was always friendly. Restaurants were reasonably priced with great views of the mountains. Fantastic walking trails. We saw quite a few moose in the property. Only downfall was the amount of rain in this area compared to Anchorage but no fault of the resort. Would recommend!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2018

My fiancé surprised me with an overnight trip to this beautiful property on the last night of my visit. He had ordered the romance package that came with flowers, chocolates and strawberries, and champagne. Our 7th floor room overlooked the mountains and skating pond in the back of the hotel. Don't forget to pack a swimsuit as the pool and spa are a great after being in the cold weather. Later in the evening, we enjoyed relaxing in the heated indoor, saltwater pool and spa. Upon returning to our room, we found the turndown service had been by and left chocolates on our pillow, which was such a nice touch. After a terrific night, I slept in and he chose to get in a workout at the fitness center and he said it was very good and ran close to having all the equipment of his regular gym. Following an excellent late breakfast at the hotel and thanks to the hotel offering late checkout, we hiked a little on the trails behind the property before we had to return to the room and get packed for the drive to Anchorage. The Hotel Alyeska will be a regular visit for us after we get married and travel back to the area to visit friends and family.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2018

I've visited Alyeska Resort a few times and every time is a pleasant experience. The tram ride is fun and if the weather is cooperative, hiking is good. The pool facilities are beautiful! (salt water pool!) The whirlpool is large and right next to the windows that look out on the mountain.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Hotel Alyeska is a first class hotel nestled at the base of the ski resort of the same name. It's definitely on the fancy side when compared with our other lodgings in Alaska, but we felt comfortable wearing casual clothing. The parking lot tended to be nearly full, even in early May, almost prompting me to use the valet parking, which I prefer to avoid. The staff were uniformly polite, and our room was very attractive and comfortable. The rates at this time of year were very reasonable.

Room tip: Our room was on an upper floor, which was quiet and had a nice view.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2018

My family was visiting from out of state, so we decided to spend a night in Girdwood at the Alyeska Hotel. I have stayed at the hotel multiple times and have never been disappointed. My experience with staff has been wonderful and everyone has been very personable. The pool and hot tub are a must, especially after a day of outdoor activities. The overall ambiance of the hotel feels both luxurious and comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled with family