“Service with a frown.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Girdwood
Glacier View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Girdwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Owner was terribly rude, and unaccomodating. She was constantly negative, and any simple request was grudingly accomplished. Even toilet paper was missing... Brought down the morale of the group on an otherwise stellar trip. Wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Tron K
WildflowerAlaska, Owner at Glacier View Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

In response to Service With A Frown. My two small rooms were resevred that accommodate only 2 persons in each room. Upon there arrival it was announced that there was 5 in their party. All my rooms were booked and no available space for this extra person. We agreed he would sleep on floor in one of the small rooms, I offered to make a bed on the very limited floor space they said no he had been back packing and he would use his sleeping bag. However after I went to bed they moved the furniture in the common area making him a bed using all the extra blanks and pillows from the rooms. The next day I explained to him the common area is used by all guest. He apologized for sleeping in the common area and said he would sleep in the room as agreed. That night they arrived very late after a night out on the town they were very loud waking my neighbors and all of the other guest at the BNB. They had once again moved the furniture and he was going to sleep in the common area. My bath rooms are well stocked although an unexpected guest will diminished allotted supplies.
The Hostess at Glacier View BNB

Reviewed April 5, 2012

It was our one year and it was amazing !! Clean good food and the best host ! Hot tub and jacuzzi In our room ! 5 star

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Pingpang126
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 evenings in the Enchanted room. The room was gorgeous! Very modern styling, with a nice flat screen TV, large comfortable bed, and a wood-burning stove! We LOVED that touch! The pipe coming out of the stove does go through a large hole that's cut in the wall - so you CAN hear plenty from the room (like breakfast being cooked, people coming & going, etc.). But this wasn't an issue for us, as we just loved the room itself so much. The bathroom is across the hall, and you must walk past the front entrance to get to it. But during our stay we were the only ones using this bathroom so it wasn't a problem for us. There's also a hot tub open to guests - but we didn't use it because I was pregnant at the time.

Connie was very welcoming and very friendly. She shared a lot of stories with us about the different parties, celebrations, etc. that the locals participate in each year. She even shared photos with us, which were fun to see. Her breakfasts were good and definitely left us satisfied each morning.

I'd definitely recommend this B&B and would stay there again if we're lucky enough to make it back to Alaska in the future.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleAndChuck
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Glacier View was a great place to stay. Extremely clean and comfortable. My daughter and I shared the king room on first floor. It was spacious, with large tv, DVD player, couch, wood fired stove. Bathroom was across hallway rather than connected directly to room.

Due to stove's chimney, there was an opening onto the rest of the house that let in a lot of noise so it was hard to sleep once Connie started breakfast prep at 6 ish. And Breakfast was at 7:30 each day.

I am an early riser but with the Alaska time change, it would have been nice to get a later start.

Still, I would stay here again. Much better than hotel in Anchorage.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank ohiotraveler42
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Great location, near many attractions. Host Connie is engaging and super fun. Breakfast was hearty and delicious. The bed confortable, room & house super clean.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Best B&B that we had until now. Clean, great breakfast and the B&B is much better then it shows online. And online you can see that it is a fantastic B&B. Simply SUPER. Connie is very very kind. No remarks at all. We liked her a lot.
Simply a must when you are in Girdwood
Rudi

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My wife and I along with my Brother and his wife decided to make this our second stop on our trip. Now thanks to google maps I thought this place was up in Eagle River Valley and not Girdwood....but thankfully to my surprise it was well worth the added trip time!!!

The woman who runs this place, Connie, is AWESOME!!! She is very laid back and casual about her guests. You feel right at home. The part I loved most, besides the location and beautiful views, was Connie. She gives you opinions about the area (or life or anything you wanna talk about)...not always saccharin sweet opinions...but real opinions!!! You don't get this kind of REAL experience from Hotels. She does not coddle you, but instead makes you feel like a roommate for a night going freely as you please while knowing the house rules!!! #1 being--No Shoes!!!

Lol... but don't worry she provides very comfy slippers to walk around in on her upstairs hardwood floors. The kitchen is inviting and she had cookies baked for us to partake in at our leisure. The rooms were great!!! Beds were super comfy with all but one being a memory foam mattress with great linens!! Her morning breakfast was a true memory to cherish. Simple home cookin in which she is willing to accommodate meat eaters and vegetarians alike!! Nothing was burnt (Hey Connie...*wink*) and tasted great. Her lingonberry jam is absolutely AMAZING!!! We all talked while she cooked and it made me feel like I was at relatives house for a visit.

Oh and did I mention that you you get all of this for a great price!!!
THIS IS A MUST STOP!!!! For anyone going south to Seward or Homer...ah hell for ANYONE going to Alaska period, you should MAKE time to go here.

http://www.glacierviewbnb.com/ seriously go NOW and give her a call if you're heading in this direction!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thanos21183
Also consider these accommodations in or near Girdwood
Ski Inn
#3 of 3 in Girdwood
Bird Creek Motel & RV Park
Bird Creek Motel & RV Park
#1 of 1 in Bird Creek

Been to Glacier View Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!