“Altitude & flavor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seven Glaciers

Seven Glaciers
Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Glaciers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alyeska Highway
Transit: Glacier Valley Transit (GVT) operates a year-round transportation busing system with fixed route service in Girdwood, Alaska. GVT is owned and operated by Girdwood Transportation, LLC and leases employees from Alyeska Resort. GVT is made possible by a grant from the Federal Transit Authority and The Alaska Department of Transportation. 907-382-9909
Description: Seven Glaciers is Alyeska Resort’s AAA Four Diamond award winning mountain-top restaurant. Offering signature Alaskan entrees in an elegant atmosphere, the Seven Glaciers experience is extraordinary from start to finish. Your journey begins with a scenic aerial tram ride that takes you high above The Hotel Alyeska to 2,300 feet above sea level. From this mountain-top perch, Seven Glaciers is surrounded by nature from every direction. This means that every table features panoramic glacier and water views. Chef Jason Porter carefully crafts the Seven Glaciers' menus with an emphasis on locally available produce, seafood and game. With an attention to detail and a flair for the unexpected, Chef Porter presents delectable Alaskan favorites with his own personal touch. Seven Glaciers boasts an award winning wine list and full bar to perfectly complement your meal. Please leave room for dessert--the Baked Alyeska cannot be missed.
Chicago, Illinois
“Altitude & flavor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

One of the best meals this 1K flyer has ever had! Oysters, duck salad, and King Crab. Perfect. Excellent service too.

The only glitch was I was told reservations only available for 5:45 & 8:15. I went with 5:45...the place was half full when I left at 7:30. Someone needs to coordinate reservations or lose business (profit) from people being told (wrongly) that it's booked.

• Visited September 2013

Minnesota
“Unique dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was fun to take a tram to dinner. The staff was very attentive. Our view was priceless. They take pride in their food and service. The wine and the food were excellent. We all loved the "Baked Alyeska" for dessert. Everything we ordered was presented nicely.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great food and experience, but it comes at a price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were visiting friends up here and they made us reservations for dinner here. It was neat, we took a tram to the top of the resort and got seated by a window. It was 4 adults and one child. Our dinner was good, spread out over 2.5 hours. I think it was long because my husband got the chefs tasting menu, which was 5 courses that they tried to time just right with our meals. They did a pretty good job and really...We got to enjoy our food, the company and the experience. It was fun. They have a kids menu too, so that was helpful. Our server was great! helpful when we were picking out wine to go with each meal.
Food: the rolls they serve....were really amazing, I wish I could steal the recipe and make them because they were that good. I tried their brewed in house root beer, which I thought was okay. There was a specific flavor I couldn't nail that I didn't like in it. But I'm picky and water was just fine. We got Crab macaroni and cheese for the kiddo, which was really good...we were all stealing bites. A couple appetizers that I wish I could remember what they were, but I have pictures! 3 scallop and salmon bisque. King Crab, steak, Salmon, and like I said one of us had the chefs tasting menu which that night was based off the fungus festival so lots of mushrooms.
for all of us our total came to like $343. Which we didn't mind, we were full! I'm adding the photos of the food we got, because presentation was awesome! and everything more or less was good. You can't help if there is something you don't care for the taste of, and its not the way it was made.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank m_17kisses
dallas
“Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

What a delightful and memorable evening! The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was excellent - our waitress was courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. The views were gorgeous. If you make a dinner reservation, the tram ride cost is waived. We wish we had ordered the Baked Alaska for dessert. There is a small and interesting museum in the Round House near the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Great food but$$$$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

well the food here is of course expect its a four diamonds so expect$$$$ , desserts are to die for specially the bake from alyeska.The only good thing is if you made a reservation in advance its a free ride to the tram which saves you $20. per person, the food is worth it plus with the great view

• Visited September 2013