“Must have the Pepper Steak!”
Review of Double Musky Inn

Double Musky Inn
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Double Musky and celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. We've lived in Alaska for almost 20 years and have never made it to the Double Musky, so it was about time! We had a pleasant wait at the bar of only about 25 minutes before we were seated by the window. Our Server was friendly and fun! We had heard from friends and family about the amazing pepper steak, so we could not be swayed by the server and getting anything but the Steak! Oh my heaven we definitely made the right choice that steak was bigger than the plate. There is no possible way I could have eaten that whole thing. For dessert we were also told that the Double Musky pie was a must! We were way too stuffed for dessert, but had them pack up some Double Musky pie to go. Another great choice, Double Musky pie is to die for!

All in all, a fantastic evening, a fantastic place!

1  Thank 383sherrib
There are newer reviews for Double Musky Inn

Reviewed August 20, 2014

A quaint little cabin in the woods. This restaurant is on the small side and crammed with unique decor. They open their doors promptly at 4:30 rain or shine so you need to be there to avoid the dinner rush. Their rack of lamb and huge pork chops were wonderful! The portions are huge and you will definitely be taking a dinner bag home with you. The bread basket was filled with yummy warm bread, but don't fill up! Service was excellent and spot on. Plan on spending around $120-$130 for dinner and 2 drinks each per couple. Don't be shy about letting the wait staff know if you have an issue with your dinner - they want you to have a memorable experience.

1  Thank Waysidebnb
Reviewed August 14, 2014

the price of the food and the very long waits make this place NOT worth going to. we waited outside and the dumpsters were super smelly, that was just gross. and not much seating for people waiting for tables.

1  Thank Su O
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The restaurant has a lot going in inside as far as decorations..very fun to look at everything. The food we had was very good. Great flavors and big portions. The only disappointment was they were out of a lot of entrees. We were there when the restaurant opened and they opened up already out of things. Then we were told only one person could get the fish and chips after we ordered. Disappointing to not get the food we wanted.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I live in Houston and have traveled to Louisiana several times. I wouldn't call this cajun but it's excellent food none the less, so don't let that discourage you. There is no kids menu and I have a very picky young child who doesn't like seafood. Fortunately, they had a appetizer special of "cajun" meatballs (which didn't taste cajun) which he loved. I tried them as well and they were excellent. We both had salads and the sweet vinaigrette dressing was delicious. I had a salmon special which was excellent and a very large serving. I was able to take home half for lunch the next day. Only two minor disappointments...the bread was a little dry and the cocktail I ordered, while tasty, was weak of alcohol.

1  Thank PreferToNotSay