“Nice Lunch”
Review of Aurora Bar & Grill

Aurora Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a nice Reindeer pizza for lunch here after our tram ride. Service was good and the pizza was tasty, but we were seated at a table next to where the dirty dishes were taken and it was quite noisy. Ask for a table by the window.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Didn't want to wait at Double Musky for a table, so we stayed in at the hotel. Great service, great view, excellent food, nice atmosphere. The clam pasta dish was really, really good!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel location is amazing and there is quite a range of dining options - top end at the top of the mountain gondala ride and cafe style in the Pond. We chose the Aurora because we disn't want to spend $200 on dinner but still wanted something nice. Aurora's Menu has limited range but our food (ravioli and chicken capresee salad) was very good. Service was formulaic and atmosphere might have been better if they didn't have Monday night football on! Overall a satisfying meal if not a great one.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had an amazing view when we decided to eat in at the restaurant, however, the food did not meet up to expectations. My husband and I both had seafood - he had a salmon salad and I had a salmon pasta. Both fish were pretty tasteless. We would not eat here again, although it was convenient and fast.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The waitstaff and hostess were the best! When we went back the second night the hostess, Michelle, greeted us like old friends. She remembered our table from the night before and cleaned it so we could enjoy it again. She remembered we liked extra lemons with our water. Our waitresses on both nights were also very friendly and gracious. The food was incredible as well. I had Parmesan chicken and my husband had pork chops. The second night I wasn't very hungry and had the fruit and cheese plate. It was plenty for me.