“Nothing too special”
Review of Aurora Bar & Grill

Aurora Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Tired service, no greeting upon arrival seemed put out when you order. Drinks and food take a long, long time, even when it's not busy.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good pizza, great drinks. Watched a football game with people from all over the world. We had a blast.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The pizza here was very good and well-priced. We compared it to some other places in town and found this to be one of the cheaper options. They also have an extensive beer list, which makes for fun tasting opportunities when with friends (they don't have a sampler menu). I ordered a Grand Marnier night cap and asked for it warm - they brought it on a snifter warmer. Bonus points! Most servers look at me funny when I ask for my Grand Marnier warm. They also have some very high end liquor offerings if you are into that type of thing.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We love Alyeska and make an annual winter trip. At least one night every year, we decide to stay in and eat at the Aurora Bar & Grill in the hotel. It's nice and convenient, and the food is okay. Not great by any means....but not terrible. My husband actually loved his chicken parmesan this last time. I had the halibut special which was good, but no where near as good as the dinner I had at Jack Sprat. The entrees are about the same price-wise as other restaurants in Girdwood. The pizza is actually a pretty good value, and it's good.

Not a bad choice if you're staying at the Hotel Alyeska and don't want to bundle up to go out.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I at dinner here while staying at the Alyeska Resort. The service, food, and atmosphere were all top notch. My wife, having grown up as part of an Italian family in New England, has a high standard for food of her culture. She ordered the chicken parmesan on a whim, and praised it from the moment it arrived at the table. My burger was also outstanding.

Our drinks were perfectly mixed and the wait staff were well suited for such a nice establishment. We will definitely eat there again.