“Best company.”
Review of Ascending Path

Ascending Path
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience a unique and authentic wilderness adventure on your Alaskan vacation. Within an hour of Anchorage we can have you glacier hiking, rock and ice climbing and enjoying Alaska on a spectacular guided hike. Whether you're a first time hiker or experienced ski-mountaineer, have an entire day or just a few hours, we have a variety of day tour adventures for you. Let us share Alaska's glaciers, wilderness and wildlife at your pace. The many accessible and beautiful trails and glaciers in the Chugach Mountains, near Girdwood and Anchorage, provide a superb naturalist guided eco-adventure environment. Bring your family or friends out with our knowledgeable guides for a fun adventurous day truly experiencing Alaska! Great for families, no experience needed! We look forward to sharing your Alaskan Adventure with you!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Best company.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

So I went on the flat top hike the first day. It was awesome. Todd, our guide, did a great job with everything, pointing out the small things. I felt really bad that I left my hotel key in the van, but he dropped it off to me.

Now the glacier climb on Sunday, I think. I want to say, Ryan, our guide, was by far the best guide I've ever had. It was way better then what I thought it would be. He challenged us, and had faith in us. We were a small group, just 2 of us, and Ryan. He saw a lot of other groups doing the climb, so we went exploring. We went all the way up top, because he said he had faith in us. It wasn't just a guide showing us stuff. It was more three buddies just hanging out. This is what I was looking forward to, and it was so much more enjoyable then I thought. We found a huge wall and climbed it. Afterwards, Ryan asks us if we wanted to try it without tools. We thought he was kidding. Thanks to Ryan pushing us, but not forcing us, I climbed up it without any tools. Best experience ever. He didn't force, or pressure us into doing that, but merely suggested it and we did it. Truly a trip I will never forget.

This company provided me with the experiences that made my Alaska trip amazing. So glad I booked with them instead of someone else.

Visited August 2013

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Alpine Hike”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family did the Alpine Hike which was a little more strenuous than we thought it was going to be, but still fun. The weather wasn't great the day we went - drizzly rain and a little chilly. The pictures on the web show people in shorts on a bright, sunny, clear day - I think that is probably a rarity. The views are breathtaking, but the clouds can roll in and if that happens you won't see much. We were lucky that it was reasonably clear all the way up. I would recommend the 1 pm hike because it seems to rain more in the morning and starts clearing around lunchtime. The staff and guide were great, very helpful and friendly. The guide was willing to let us take lots of breaks to catch our breath. Crossing the glacier was a little more difficult but it was cool to see the water running underneath the ice. Definitely a "must" but not if you're not in fairly good shape and willing to deal with weather.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LKinFLA
Quebec City, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful! I recommend”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a great experience. I was with my friend Catherine et we were looking for great view, good fun and a light to moderate exercice. Our guide Matt understand perfectly our needs, since we are not athlete in great shape, to design us a perfect day hike.
We strongly recommand this day hike for all type of hikers, beginners to advanced!

Visited May 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A bit pricy”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We went on a hike to the chugach mountains and felt that our guide was very knowledgeable about the plantlife on our hike. Our only complaint was that it was a bit pricy and the vehicles didn't have seatbelts for everyone

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MsTraveIAlexander
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alpine Glacier Hike”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a wonderful time on this hike!!! Shawn, our guide was awesome!! This was one of the best experiences we had while in Girdwood and would recommend this hike to everyone!! Our guide took his time, catered to our needs, was fun and answered my many questions! Sliding down the snow was sooo much fun! The only problems was that it was way too short!

Visited July 2013