“Wonderful! I recommend”
Review of Ascending Path

Ascending Path
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience a unique and authentic wilderness adventure on your Alaskan vacation. Within an hour of Anchorage we can have you glacier hiking, rock and ice climbing and enjoying Alaska on a spectacular guided hike. Whether you're a first time hiker or experienced ski-mountaineer, have an entire day or just a few hours, we have a variety of day tour adventures for you. Let us share Alaska's glaciers, wilderness and wildlife at your pace. The many accessible and beautiful trails and glaciers in the Chugach Mountains, near Girdwood and Anchorage, provide a superb naturalist guided eco-adventure environment. Bring your family or friends out with our knowledgeable guides for a fun adventurous day truly experiencing Alaska! Great for families, no experience needed! We look forward to sharing your Alaskan Adventure with you!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a great experience. I was with my friend Catherine et we were looking for great view, good fun and a light to moderate exercice. Our guide Matt understand perfectly our needs, since we are not athlete in great shape, to design us a perfect day hike.
We strongly recommand this day hike for all type of hikers, beginners to advanced!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We went on a hike to the chugach mountains and felt that our guide was very knowledgeable about the plantlife on our hike. Our only complaint was that it was a bit pricy and the vehicles didn't have seatbelts for everyone

1  Thank MsTraveIAlexander
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a wonderful time on this hike!!! Shawn, our guide was awesome!! This was one of the best experiences we had while in Girdwood and would recommend this hike to everyone!! Our guide took his time, catered to our needs, was fun and answered my many questions! Sliding down the snow was sooo much fun! The only problems was that it was way too short!

1  Thank Marielatrips
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I took my parents Glacier Hiking at Spencer Glacier via Ascending Path and the entire experience from reserving to the actual hike itself was positive.

Our guides were Matt and Kaitlin. Both of whom were extremely experienced and made the trip enjoyable for everyone which ended up just being my parents myself and Matt and Kaitlin.

The Spencer Glacier hike involved a train trip from Anchorage to the glacier which also went through Girdwood, Portage and Whittier, so you got to see a lot!

From the train stop we kayaked to the glacier, Matt and Kaitlin gave us our crampons at the glacier and they coached us throughout the hike as it was our first time wearing crampons.

Because of our skill level we didn't make it very far up the glacier but the cost of the trip was completely worth the entire experience. I'd love to do another trip with Matt and Kaitlin!

2  Thank Runfaster50
AscendingPath, Owner at Ascending Path, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hi Liz,
Thanks for the review- what about the trip would you suggest we improve upon to make it 'excellent'?
Thanks-

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The ice climbing trip exceeded all expectations and our awesome guide made it even better! Some trips are very cookie cutter and sometimes dull. Our guide catered to our group and gave us a unique and authentic Alaskan experience. I could not have imagined a more perfect day!

1  Thank Melissa C