“So good, we went twice in one trip!”
Review of Coast Pizza

Coast Pizza
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Description: Since April of 2009 Coast has been offering old favorites and some excellent additions under the new ownership of Mike Mroczynski (affectionately known by locals as "Merch") . With a totally remodeled kitchen and beautiful new dining room, Mike has continued to offer the quality pizza and subs regular customers have come to expect with some new additions. Mike uses some of his own recipes, adding his personal voice to the menu along with favorites everyone expects at Coast.
Lakewood, California
“So good, we went twice in one trip!”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stopped here at random on our way to Seward August 26, 2011. This restaurant is in the corner of a little strip mall that you can't miss because it's right along the Seward Hwy. We looked at the menus and prices of all the restaurants nearby, but Coast Pizza's was the best in terms of selection and price. We ordered two sandwiches. Mine was supposed to be a cold Italian, but by mistake they brought out a vegetarian. For that mistake, I might've given this place 4 1/2 stars, but it's not an option to do that on TA. However, they were quick to fix it when I told them. I had the option of either adding meat to the sandwich I got, or getting a new sandwich. Not wanting to waste food, I had them just add the meat. The only part of the sandwich I didn't like was the massive amount of aioli, but some people might really like that. Everything was good and fresh, so we were happy with the food. The sandwiches run around $10 each, so our meal was $25 for lunch. I guess that's average for lunch in Alaska, but we hadn't learned about the high food prices in Alaska yet at the time we ate here. While we were there, we were eying the pizza case and the $5 slices. We swore we'd come back for pizza on our way back to Anchorage.

The second time we went to Coast Pizza, on August 28, we ordered 2 $5 slices. I had salmon pizza, and my husband had hawaiian. Both slices were soooo good! We were craving pizza, and this meal was very satisfying. Even better, it was cheap and quick. One thing we noticed is it does take a bit longer than it should for them to make anything other than the ready-to-go pizza slices. While that didn't matter to us the first time we went there, we were in more of a hurry the second time. Just be aware that if you are looking for a quick meal on the road, you might want to stick with the pizza. However, anything you get here will be fabulous!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank sophie832

Knoxville, TN
“I cant believe the best pizza i have ever had would be in alaska of all places”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed in Girdwood for a week and ate here twice. It was really the best pizza I have ever had. The toppings are great and I was able to get a veggie pizza that was just out of this world. They sell pizza by the slice and seemed very popular there. There was always a line of folks coming in to just grab a slice or two and a drink. The slices are huge if you buy by the slice. The firs time we just ordered two pizzas and ate there and took the leftovers back to our condo. The second time we purchased by the slice and I only needed one slice. I would certainly eat here again. oh, and for those that really want to get the full Alaska seafood experience, they keep smoked salmon pizza on the "by the slice" bar. i personally was not interested in giving it a try.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank TNmomKnoxville_TN
“Great place off the highway”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Excellent pie, salad, and service. Glad we stopped in.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Killer Steak Sandwich is the way to go”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Killer Steak Sandwich is the way to go

Girdwood
“Amazing Pizza! - Tiny Location!”
Reviewed December 10, 2009

New to the area, my husband and myself took our two girls ( both under 5, mind you) to coasT Pizzeria and fell in love with it! They were happy and sweet to our girls, and offered up to us mouthwateringly hot mozzie sticks, which we fell addicted into. The pizza selection was both impressive and unique and delicious. The staff were knowledgeable and friendly. The owner must be proud. Awesome. A true treat.