“Good food, reasonable prices great views.”
Review of Aurora Lounge

Aurora Lounge
Ranked #19 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is the bar/grill in the Alyeska resort. We had drinks in the afternoon and dinner later. The food was good and very reasonable compared to other places we ate in Alaska. (Salmon special was $22). Windows look over the mountain & pond. One of the best meals we had. Drinks were a little high except for the $5 beer.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

My husband had the steak and I had the pasta with squash (switched out penne for linguine) and it was very delicious. The waitress was very friendly and we had a wonderful dining experience. We really felt at home. Would definitely come back again. I love pasta and am quite picky about pasta. This might be my favorite pasta ever so that means a lot! Thank you so much Aurora Bar and Grill for your great food and your kindness!

1  Thank Snowboardergrlsf
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We tried dinner here since it was pretty late and we didn't feel like venturing out. I got the small veggie pizza and my boyfriend got the grilled chicken sandwich. It took quite awhile to get our food despite the restaurant not being very busy. When we received the food, I must say it was pretty good. The pizza was loaded with veggies and was a good enough portion to have leftovers. The chicken sandwich was good, but not quite worth the price. Overall, decent food and convenient.

Reviewed August 30, 2008

Since all the other restaurants in the Alyeska Hotel were closed mid-week (except the Seven Glaciers which would have been ridiculous for our family of four), we tried the Aurora Lounge for dinner. We were very happy with our dinners - the pizza was a great choice for the kids. We ended up coming back the next night for drinks and dessert in the bar side of this restaurant.

1  Thank SeeTheWorldWithKids
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We heard about this great hotel and while it was not ski season we decided to eat lunch there. We were seated in the Aurora Lounge as was everyone else that day for lunch. The menu is rather limited so we ordered the hamburgers at $14.00. Service was so slow we couldn't remember who our waitress was. Almost an hour past before our food finally was served. If that was a $14 hamburger then I am an astronout. There was a thin patty of some type of beef almost fried to a crisp. There was some lettuce pieces on the plate and asked the waitress if I was to put the lettuce and (other things) on my burger. She replied that it was a salad. One would never know that was to have been a side salad. There is no way the chef was working that day. You can get a much better burger at Burger King. We decided that we would eat an early dinner in Anchorage at a nice restaurant and thus left about half of the burger on our plates. Would we eat there again---only if it is ski season and all restaurants are open.