“One Awesome Pizza!!!!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed December 31, 2011

OMG..... where do I begin? As new residents of the area, we have tried all the pizza offerings from Eagle River, to Peters Creek trying to find one we enjoyed... to no avail.
Then tonight the wife ordered pizza from Pizza Man, and OMG, it was AWESOME! Being from New Orleans, and after living in New York, we have developed fairly good palets, so we feel qualified to make this assessment. This is without a doubt the BEST pizza we have thus far had the pleasure of tasting! We have tried Pizza Hut, Dominos, Bella Vista,
Moose's Tooth, Papa Johns, and a few other Anchorage pizza joint offerings, and none compare to this one, not even close! So to Pizza Man we say... Keep up the great work creating some damn fine Pizza, and we'll be back soon! D&R Chugiak, Ak

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Pizza Man has been in Eagle River for years and my wife's family has been coming here since it opened. The location is kind of hidden down off Artillery Road next door to the tire store and is rather old and worn looking from the outside. But don't let this deter you from stopping. The place is warm and friendly and by far the best pizza in Eagle River. Pizza's are made to order, not pre-made and they have quite a large choice of toppings and combinations. They also have other items on the menu and a salad bar but we go for the pizza which I have never been disappointed with. You also don't have to eat there, they do call in's and carry out as well.

1  Thank BorealForestDweller
Reviewed October 12, 2011

In all fairness, I did not have the pizza. Maybe that was my problem. The ravioli had no flavor. it tasted like it came right out of the freezer, with a generic, canned tomato sauce. The garlic bread had no garlic - just an 'out of the freezer' slab of bread with butter on it. The cheese topping was old & crusty, and the salad bar items seemed stale (I didn't try the potato & macaroni salads - who knows, maybe they were fine, if they had just got them from Costco). It was cramped (little tables crammed together, with no privacy - I don't know why they didn't spread people out in their almost empty & spacious back room) & it really offered no ambiance. But, I suppose if their pizza is that great, who would care. One plus I say, the draft beers were priced well for the serving size (32 oz schooner for 7.95 - unless it is watered down like the salad dressing, that is a great deal. Especially for the Alaskan Ales, Stella, and Newcastle Brown). Next time, if I were to be dragged back in there for some reason, I will drink the beer to numb my senses, then order the pizza everyone else seems to be raving about.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have been going to pizzaman for years and I haven't found a pizza I like better yet! I don't live in Alaska anymore but this is the first place I eat when I come to visit!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great pizza! Small place with good service. Really have not waited more than a few minutes and the kids like the pizza there, they even ask for it. Definately a repeat customer.