“Microtel in Eagle River”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Eagle River
Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We got this motel for a good deal. Little did we know that the motel was very outdated. The bathroom door wouldn't latch, the building was too hot, the beds were very uncomfortable (even though they boast of chiropractor approved beds) They refused to give us an extra blanket, the pillows they gave us should have been thrown away, there was no hot water for baths or showers because the staff were doing laundry. I could go on, but you get the idea.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

i had been on the road all daytrying to get out of the snow and bad weather. the only problem with room, either the shower was broken or i could not figure out how to make it work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Since I knew I wouldn't be in the hotel except to sleep, that's really all I was interested in. I did get a good night's sleep. I didn't expect much but wow was that room tiny and dumpy. I stayed here to be close to family and be able to run out to the State Fair easily rather than coming in from Anchorage each day. The plus was courteous staff. The minus - do NOT drink the coffee there. Another plus, Blondie's coffee cart is next to the hotel and is excellent :)
I can't speak to the 'breakfast' as I didn't see it at all. Overall... it just is what it is. A place to lay your weary head.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I spent a night at this hotel in July and didn't have any issues. The hotel is right off the Parks highway and little far from Anchorage. If you have your own transportation and want to avoid Anchorage then this would be the best option.
I booked much early before the summer price hike and got half the price. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. It looks like any typical Microtel but not the best one. I'm not sure I would pay the full price for this hotel or location though.
The morning continental breakfast was adequate enough.
The staffs were courteous and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2012

So it was my first time staying at this Microtel, I have stayed for many years at the Microtel in Anchorage by the airport, and it is a great place to stay, but it was booked up. So I made reservation for this one up in Eagle River. The Eagle River Microtel is horrible, dirty dirty dirty. Food on floor in room, horrible stained carpet, hair all over shower, very dirty pull out couch food under and in bed. And to top it all, black mold all over shower curtain. Yuck! Dont stay here!!!!!!!!!! Ever

Room Tip: Dont stay here, theres a tip. Wish I had taken photos
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan A
Reviewed July 23, 2012

So for the price of this hotel I expected better. From the outside it looked new. The front desk was courteous and friendly. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was not so good, the tub was old and looked dirty, the shower curtain had tears at the top, it is just plastic, cheap to replace. This looked like an older hotel on the inside that they slapped some paint on the walls and called it good. The bathroom floor was old and there was hair on it, I didn't discover this until the next morning after my shower. This hotel was priced like all the hotels in downtown Anchorage, if I had known I would have gone on into town and stayed there. No airconditioning, which I realize in Alaska is probably not generally needed, however it was 85 degrees that day. We did keep our window open, but we were on the sunny side of the building on the 1st floor and so the room was very warm. Not even a fan in the room to move air. If we weren't pulling a u-haul trailer we would have probably gone on into Anchorage to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street and ask for a room on the shady side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Midtown
My Place Hotel - Anchorage, AK
Midtown
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Anchorage / Midtown

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are? Share your experiences!