“Convenient, Clean, Helpful Staff”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Eagle River
Valdez, Alaska
“Convenient, Clean, Helpful Staff”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Microtel in Eagle River, after a long day of travel. We had a number of flights canceled on our way home from Maryland, and we decided to get a hotel, rather than drive home six hours after spending an entire day in the air and at airports.

The Microtel was pretty clean, affordable, and true to their name - small room. The night manager was helpful and courteous. We were able to negotiate a deal on this room, since we arrived after 2 am. Breakfast was simple, but hit the spot.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
california
Reviewed September 6, 2011

i've stayed at this hotel a few times before. It's really going downhill. After 4 days, we didn't have a bed change (was told we should put some card on the bed, but there was no such card, nor was one ever supplied). The building is getting run down -- stains and holes in the carpet. Vomit in the elevator (I reported it, but nothing happened) No lights in the parking lot. Pavement is crumbled and broken. They have a small sump pump trying to reduce a lake of water just outside the lobby doors. Stairwell doors don't close properly -- a real hazzard in case of fire. The security lock in my room was simply broken off. Also beware! The manager ran my credit card for the full 4-day stay on the day I made reservation. That was not our agreement. Sadly (because I visit Eagle River frequently) I will not be back. Guess I'll have to drive into Anchorage.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank dianasroad

Travelers are raving about these Eagle River hotels

Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We spent one night here on our way to Denali. The rooms are clean but have no air conditioning. The day we arrived it was very warm, but it finally cooled down with the window open. Continental breakfast was a joke. Horrible coffee and stale bagels. Convenient to everything and the price was right.

• Stayed August 2011
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Not a bad hotel for the money.
Average price for a room as $150 a night when we were there.
All hotels in the summer are expensive in the Anchorage area.
The interent was having problems and I was informed about it at check in.
A new system was ordered, but not yet installed.
The room windows were very dirty on the outside and the extra security bar on the room door was broken and never replaced.
The hotel is only 16 miles from downtown in a more rustic area.
The traffic on the road in front of the hotel is constant and noisey.
No air conditioning so we had to sleep with the windows open and ear plugs in my ears.
Breakfast was well stocked and simple.
I did enjoy my stay there and would stay there again if my budget dictates it.

Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Don't be fooled by the free breakfast- it probably costs the hotel manager $10 per day. It's two choices of cereal, half a gallon of milk and a couple of bagels. The walls are paper thin- we could tell what the neighbors were watching on TV (until 2:30 a.m.). The room felt very small and the service was average. I couldn't believe it cost so much for what felt like a motel 6 type experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Scott A
Algona, Iowa
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The room itself was decent. Although it was small, it was clean and quiet. It did not, however, have a hair dryer nor an iron and ironing board. The deluxe continental breakfast, as advertised, was not deluxe! It had very few options. Missing were fruit and even bread. It was not a warm, friendly atmosphere like the other places we stayed in Alaska. Yes, it was cheaper than all the other places we stayed but not worth even the lower price.

2 Thank mooselady17
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Due to PCSing we had no other option but this place to stay. As soon as you walk in the doors they have a bad oder. Laundryfacility is awful. They have two washers and only one that works. Unfortunately we stayed at this place for a month and it still is yet to be fixed. The vinding machines don't work either. Continental breakfast is crap. All taste like they went cheap on everything. The bedding they offer all smells like it was washed only in bleach. Really strong too so if you don't like the smell your not going to get away from it. Floors ate extremely dirty. Smells of mold. The elevator is just disgusting and makes a scary noise once you hit the top floor. The staff doesn't seem to concerned about anyone but themselves. They are always outside smoking...if you can rake all these smoke breaks this place should be emaculet. Don't let the outside fool you. If I was the owner and I seen all these bad reviews I would be putting some money into the place. Seems they forgot about customer satisfaction. Btw this is the only review I've ever written so that must mean something. Take your money else where. You will be disappointed. If I could have stayed one night that would have been it. Unfortunately I had no other option.

• Stayed July 2011
Midtown
My Place Hotel - Anchorage, AK
The Lakefront Anchorage
#6 of 73 in Anchorage

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are? Share your experiences!