“If you're looking for sleep, look elsewhere!”

Kelly's Alaska Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Delta Junction
Kelly's Alaska Country Inn
“If you're looking for sleep, look elsewhere!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The walls are paper thin. I'm so angry, I'm posting this using their wifi. It's 3 am and my neighbors are still partying...in a room that measures 10x12. I can hear every single word they are saying without straining...and I have my fan running on high. I came here for one nights SLEEP...and all I'm getting is a show of old drunks and smokers outside my window. I am paying $130 for this!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank SleeplessinAk
Yvonne E, Owner at Kelly's Alaska Country Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We, at Kelly's Country Inn, hope to provide an enjoyable experience as people travel our beautiful state. Our policy is and continues to be to refund the cost of any room a guest has a legitimate complaint about. We show no complaint being made to our staff on the above date, but do offer our apologies to this guest . As is evident by the rest of the reviews, our guests are consistantly happy with our rooms and staff. Again, our apologies to this guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Simple rooms with comfortable beds and hot showers. Rooms come with limited cable tv, free telephone, a small fridge, a microwave and a fan. The bathroom is clean (although the chain kept coming off the toilet) and has plenty of towels. This inn is a good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Clean, comfortable little inn, convenient location, easy to find, can see the sign from the highway. It was perfect for it's purpose - a stopover for the night while travelling from Denali via Fairbanks to Valdez. What we liked: car parked right nex to the door; internet worked; it was quiet; there was a living room/bedroom setup, so we could leave all our stuff in the living area and relax in the bedroom. The shower worked 100%, the water was hot, and the presure was good. There was a coffee maker, a little fridge, TV in both rooms. The Buffalo restaurant next door closed at 9:30, and we missed it. There is burger drive-up a little further down the road past the Rt 2/Rt 4 split, that was open late, which is nice. We did not have any problems with pink towels...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We were impressed with the great location of this hotel. It is located directly across from the only grocery store and easy walking distance to restaurants, post-office and gas station. Really clean, wi-fi, satellite tv and surprisingly nice pillow-top mattress. My room did not have a kitchenette but I was told that they are available. The staff was accommodating and friendly. If you are in Delta for business this hotel seems to be the best option.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
yorkshire
Reviewed May 31, 2008

A clean but small room and good sized bathroom. ( not sure about the pink towels ) TV, coffee good bed, reasonably priced. Used but the business traveller. Proabably the best in town.

Buffalo diner close by is good by not licenced for drinks.

If you have come along the Alaska Highway recently from the south thru the road works you may need a car wash! About 400 yards down the Glennallen there is one at the petrol station.

There is also a laundry service on the approach from the west, where you can do it yourself or they will wash and press for you in about 3 hours.

• Liked — car at the door, wireless internet, convenient for all services
  • Disliked — room a bit cramped
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dunera
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2004

This hotel is probably the best in town. Don't expect the Hyatt or even Holiday Inn Express. There are three phone lines out of the hotel. It may be difficult dialing out on a busy day. There is no cable TV; no internet access; and forget your Blackberry (obviously I am a business traveler). But considering the remote location, the rooms are clean, the water is hot and some have mini-kitchens. The staff is friendly, too. Then again, most of the people I've met in Alaska won't be found in the lower 48. They are good people with a kind disposition.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Durango, CO
Reviewed December 28, 2003

The room was clean, the bathrooms were newly remodeled, the room was kinda like a hobbit house. It seems to have been a referbished culvert.
Slat wood rounded the curved ceiling. A little tiny kitchenette, very cute. The walls were thin, but lets face it this is Delta Junction, Ill take thin walls, for the comfortable bed and good service and did I mention CLEAN (kinda rare in these parts)

2 Thank U_wanadvice_from_me

Been to Kelly's Alaska Country Inn? Share your experiences!