“Cantering Island style over white beaches..”
Review of Aroa Pony Trek - CLOSED

Aroa Pony Trek
Hamilton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cantering Island style over white beaches..”
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I've just got back from a great trip to Rarotonga in which I went on the Aroa Pony Trek. (November 2007). The ride started out with a trek down Aroa Road where you could see a little of island life inland down a quiet road. My friend who came with me was a beginner, the horses were cute and definitely knew where they were going which made it incredibly easy for her. We crossed a road and headed to the beach which was beautiful, the horses really picked up at this time and you were able to canter/trot at your own pace. Wigmore's waterfall was small, yet it was beautiful. We all had a quick dip to cool off, then headed off back down to the beach and a swim in the lagoon with the horses. The weather was beautiful, the guide was fun and easy to talk to and made sure that we were all comfortable on our horses whether we were beginners or not.

If I was to head back to rarotonga I would definitely take other people on the horse trek. It was throughly enjoyable and I would reccomend anyone who is comfortable on a horse to spend the time in going on the trek.

2 Thank angel4em

Los Angeles, California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Beware!”
Reviewed October 2, 2007

My friend and I went horseback riding with Aroa Pony Trek in September 2007. The ride started out nice enough despite the gloomy weather. We began the trek on the Aroa Road and went down on the beach then crossed a road and went back into the hills to see the Wigmore's waterfall. The surroundings are lush and beautiful. The waterfall itself was fairly small. There was an overflowing trash near the waterfall, but you can still get some pretty shots of the falls. It started raining while we were there, so we headed back down the road towards the beach again. Once on the beach my horse got spooked and started trying to buck me off. The guide was a little bit ahead of me and watched the whole thing happen. My friend had to tell him to go get me after I was thrown from the horse! I ended up with a sprained, swollen knee.
We are not expert horseback riders, but we have gone horseback riding before. The guide didn't tell me about the horse's tempermant until we had already begun the trek. I was given one of the most stubborn horses, who had a mind of her own. If I were to do it all over again I would save my money and find other excursion or activity on Rarotonga.

6 Thank CtheGlobe77