“Away from the hustle and bustle”

Ranked #14 of 69 things to do in Rarotonga
More attraction details
Owner description: This tall, rocky pinnacle can be spotted from several locations on the island and is a favorite challenge for those who enjoy a good climb.
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Probably the highlight of our trip to Rarotonga. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle (relatively speaking of course) of the coast and head to the hills on the cross island trek. The needle is the summit of the trek and provides coast to coast views, albeit, the majority blocked from the other imposing mountains on the island. Red tailed turns circling overhead and mountain summits above the low lying clouds are other memorable views.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is a good walk, if the weather has been dry. YOu can carry on and walk right across the island. I would not be climbing the needle itself, a bit dangerous, unless you are very experienced or a rock climber.

1  Thank KelvinPassfield
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Very interesting side trip with Rarotonga Safari and our guide "Mr. Hopeless"..

1  Thank Demas H
Reviewed January 8, 2012

a great walk and not that strenuous.and then theres the views.
WOW!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We hiked this mountain. Scary. I am scared of heights so I can't say I had a good time. However it was awesome and I wish I'd touched the needle. This has now been added to my "bucket list" so I have to go back to Raro.