“Best thing I did on Rarotonga!”

Pa's Treks Day Tours
Ranked #17 of 37 Tours in Rarotonga
More attraction details
Owner description: With his blonde dreadlocks and knowledge of local flora and fauna, Pa leads several interesting cross-island walks through rugged terrain.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I left my husband and our friends behind at our hotel and ventured off with Pa and the rest of our international group on what I rate as the best thing I did on this trip to Rarotonga. The weather was very mixed, from very hot and sticky to heavy rain up in the mountains - but that all made the trip part of what it was. The rain made the leaves glisten like diamonds and of course the track more than treacherous in places! Pa's Baha'i faith was very grounding, never rammed down our throats, it's just so much of who he is. The trek is not for the faint hearted, it has strenuous moments, but it is so rewarding. Standing underneath The Needle taking in the view in all directions is amazing. Pa has a huge knowledge of he flora and fauna, and always loves to answer a question. If you have a reasonable fitness level and some good walking shoes with you, I encourage you to do this venture, I will do it again next time.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We walked the trek with Pa in mid April. Was an excellent walk, not too strenuous if you are fit and able and he stops and waits for people to catch up if they fall behind. He gives lots of yummy fresh local snacks along the way. Offered to take peoples bags for them, not that anyone took him up on the offer.
Gave us lots of information about the local area and vegetation. The lunch at the end of the trek was yummy- very tasty sandwiches.
There are no toilets available so make sure you go before they pick you up. Payment is expected at the end of the tour so make sure you bring along cash payment.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked six months in advance. On the day of the trek we waited, together with 8 other customers, outside our hotel for pick up as instructed. Waited and waited for over two hours. After several calls by hotel reception - where we were assured the bus was "10 minutes away" - Pa's wife arrived and advised us there was no room on the trek. She showed no sympathy - "Oh well - you've had 2 hours to meditate"!!! It ruined the whole day! We had nothing else organised.
Strongly recommend you avoid!

7  Thank Alewosa
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I did this walk with Pa and 17 others last Wednesday. It was hot and sweaty, strenuous and challenging but a wonderfully rewarding experience. Pa's special & deep knowledge, respect and passion for Rarotonga, the environment, Mother Earth and the people made this the highlight of my first visit to Rarotonga. Meitaki Maata Pa Kia Orana!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great walk with Pa, Interestng to listen to his tales. Would not have been as interesting if we had done he walk alone as it wasn't too much different from any of th walks in NZ.